• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do I update Flash Player IE 25.0.0.148?

New Here ,
Jul 28, 2017 Jul 28, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My antivirus states I need to update and install myself Flash Player IE 25.0.0.148. Antivirus states it's critical. When I click download, I get redirected to Adobe Home Page. I've checked your forum and I can't find step-by-step answers on HOW to complete this (1st time using forum & not very tech savvy). I have checked Flash Player in my Control Panel. Clicked the Updates tab and I cannot do anything, it's dimmed. It is set to notify me when updates are available but never has notified me. Can someone please Help me??? Using Window 10 Home.

[Moved from the non-technical Lounge Forum to the specific Program forum... Mod]

[Here is the list of all Adobe forums... https://forums.adobe.com/welcome]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Getting Flash Player https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

Microsoft does not allow external installs into Edge or Internet Explorer

If you want the latest Flash Player, you will have to use a non-Microsoft browser

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

As of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE, and Edge (as of WIn10).  The ActiveX EXE or MSI installers DO NOT work on these operating systems.

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player, all updates are released by Microsoft via Windows Update.  Check to see you have the latest update installed.  Microsoft Security Bulletins  lists the various security updates.  For the August update I don't see a separate Flash Player item, like they have for July.  Most likely it's included in the cumulative update for IE/Edge.

The following 2 FAQs may be of assistance:

Also ensure you have the latest sound/video device drivers installed.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Anne4892

My antivirus states I need to update and install myself Flash Player IE 25.0.0.148

For which browser is your anti-virus stating you need to update Flash Player for?  Microsoft does embed Flash Player in IE and Edge browsers on Windows 10 and all updates to Flash Player for IE and Edge are released by Microsoft via Windows Update.  Windows 10 Home does not offer a way for users to disable these updates so I imagine the version of Flash Player in IE and Edge is up-to-date and this notification is for a different browser.  Please do the following:

• Launch Control Panel
  • Navigate to Control Panel\All Control Panel Items
  • Click on Flash Player item to launch the Flash Player Settings Manager
  • In Flash Player Settings Manager go to the Updates tab
  • On Windows 10, this tab will show the non-IE/Edge Flash Player versions installed:
    • NPAPI is for Firefox
    • PPAPI is for Chromium-based browsers
  • If you have one of these installed and it's not the latest version (26.0.0.131) launch a browser and go to https://get.adobe.com/flashpalyer/otherversions
  • In step 1, select the OS (Windows 10)
  • In step 2, select which Flash Player version you need: NPAPI (for Firefox) or PPAPI (for Chromium-based browsers)
  • Note this page has 3rd party offerings
  • Download the installer (it'll be saved to your default download location)
  • Close all browsers and go to the location the file was saved to
  • double-click the file to launch the installer
  • follow on screen prompts to install Flash Player to the latest version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines