• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Do I Use Flash For Wayback Machince Plz

Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello there i hope poeple are freindly here on this site and i have a big huge question for you guys

as you all know flash is shutting down and i was really really hoping if someone out there knows how to use it for the wayback machine besucse i would love to use it to go back on my childhood games on wayback machine likes of the CBBC channle ones and cuppole of other games aswell i hope this sites better than boring reddit hope everyone is well but

could someone plz tell me this method as much help is requesred here big thanks

(p.s soz for spelling mistakes i type too fast)

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Two things: 

1. This is a great question for archive.org
  2. The folks at archive.org and the Ruffle.js team are working to preserve a lot of Flash-related content.  I'm sure they can give you more information on their roadmap.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner ,
Dec 20, 2019 Dec 20, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

and it looks like thisand it looks like this

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 31, 2019 Dec 31, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can someone answere plz 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 09, 2020 Aug 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I know that I'm 232 days late but I couldn't bear to see a question go unanswered. Maybe you already know the answer to your question now, but I wanted to answer it here anyway.

Long story short, I don't think you can. The reason being that the Wayback Machine's crawlers never actually copied the code for the Flash objects in the page, I think they probably just copied the actual message saying something along the lines of "please enable Flash" and just archived that. The Wayback Machine has archived Newgrounds.com 12,267 times since late 1998 (December 12 to be exact). But ​try and use any Flash elements on these snapshots, and the site breaks. Flash just isn't supported because these snapshots, these archived fossils don't exist anymore. It's like trying to interact with a ball vs a picture of a ball.

I'm pretty sure that this is why Flash doesn't work. I only learned this because I too wanted to know how to use Flash on the wayback machine and stumbled accross your post. I really hope this helps you along with anyone else looking for help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 27, 2020 Aug 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, hi! Nice to have a more recent thread. I was trying to get the awesome simpsons movie avatar generator working via waybackmachine at http://web.archive.org/web/20110409112029/http://www.simpsonsmovie.com/main.html but i couldnt figure it out. Strangely enough, I tried Puffin browser on Android and I actually got some flash going for the language selection. But as I click "enter site" it just goes white.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"Wayback Machine's crawlers never actually copied the code for the Flash objects in the page,"

BS

They most certainly did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 23, 2020 Nov 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was just trying to get this working myself. It's a shame because the Flash era of the 2000s was really quirky and amazing. Histroic even. I remember so many fun sites. It's sad it seems that they are gone forever.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 03, 2021 Feb 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Two things: 

1. This is a great question for archive.org
  2. The folks at archive.org and the Ruffle.js team are working to preserve a lot of Flash-related content.  I'm sure they can give you more information on their roadmap.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Bumping this up. Can we please get some flash support for old sites? 

Thanks, 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 26, 2021 Mar 26, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is no support for Flash Player. Not sure what or who you are trying to bump.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines