• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How do you install flash player behind a proxy?

New Here ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

I'm trying to install flash player for firefox using the link here Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions

This is the 'web' installer that connects to the internet and then downloads the installer. But it won't work on our proxy.

We have a proxy that we have to use and the installer gives out the 'application initialization error' and the log under C:\Users\myuser\AppData\Local\Temp\Adobe_ADMLogs

After much testing it gives:

12/27/18 16:22:48:524 | [WARN] |  | ADM |  | ApplicationContext | HTTPSend |  | 22216 | Certificate not matching.

12/27/18 16:22:48:524 | [FATAL] |  | ADM |  | WorkflowManager | HTTPConnectorError |  | 22216 | Error occurred while getting application xml: -4 extended error: 0

[note, the xml fetch error is new. the cert issues has been a constant]

I have attempted to configure the proxy to allow all the URLs that I've managed to find using applications like wireshark, but none seem to be being blocked in the first place when I log into the proxy software.

Is there a full list of urls that I need to whitelist, the adm log does mention some, but not sure if full list.

I know I can get the full installers and that will work, but would like to get it working using the web installer.

Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

New Here , Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Hi.

This has now been solved.

There were some settings I needed to tune to make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 27, 2018 Dec 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving this query to Installing Flash Player​ community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 28, 2018 Dec 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi.

This has now been solved.

There were some settings I needed to tune to make it work.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2019 Jan 02, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
But it won't work on our proxy.

Are you distributing Flash Player within your organization?  If so, you can license Flash Player for enterprise distribution (free for vast majority of use cases).  For more information, see Adobe Flash Player Distribution | Adobe

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines