• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How Flash Player will stop working after Dec 31st if i will not update my browser?

New Here ,
Dec 13, 2020 Dec 13, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would know how will be stopped in my old bowser IE 11 (or my Firefox 83 actual version) my private PC ,  the Flash Player content ?

I have planned not update the browser and mantainig Flash Player working there.  Does will working ?

Thanks and regards

Fran

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Your operating system, browser and Flash Player are all primarily tasked with processing untrusted content.  It's important for those products to stay abreast of the latest research and intelligence from the industry.  On December 31, that work will stop, and bad guys will eventually deploy automated attacks to look for and exploit unpatched versions.

You should not use an old Flash Player (or an old browser) to browse the web moving forward.  If you want to keep an old configuration for archi

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have Windows 8.1 or Windows 10, a Microsoft update will remove Flash Player from the system.

Of course if your system and apps are not updated at all you may be one of the few for whom Flash Player content keeps working, at least until your vulnerable system is attacked and overwhelmed by the wave of Flash attacks I expect to see after EOL.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2020 Dec 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Your operating system, browser and Flash Player are all primarily tasked with processing untrusted content.  It's important for those products to stay abreast of the latest research and intelligence from the industry.  On December 31, that work will stop, and bad guys will eventually deploy automated attacks to look for and exploit unpatched versions.

You should not use an old Flash Player (or an old browser) to browse the web moving forward.  If you want to keep an old configuration for archival purposes, you can do that; however, there's no reason for content providers to pay to host content on the web that nobody can play, and you really should isolate your archival stuff from the Internet anyway.  There are many ways to go about this, but none of them are trivial, and it's beyond the scope of what we're going to support here.

After Jan 12, 2021, Flash Player will only load content that you explicitly allow via AllowListUrlParameter directives.  Most major browsers will be dropping their plug-in interfaces by at that point as well, so there will be no way to run a plug-in in a current browser.  

You can find more in the EOL FAQ, here: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines