• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to activate full screen mode in Adobe Flash Player window?

New Here ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I converted a pdf file into swf format to show it in Adobe Flash Player window that allows users to read it without the ability to download it.

1. How can I make the Adobe Flash Player window open in full screen mode to allow users to read a file comfortably?

2. Can I somehow make the page input field in the button menu to allow users to open a specific document page at once?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 03, 2018 Sep 03, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is a recipe for pain.  As the browser vendors continue their agenda to deprecate Flash Player, it's going to continue to be more difficult to run Flash-based content.  Flash Player goes away entirely at the end of 2020.

Pretty much every major browser at this point includes a built-in PDF reader that would give you a full-screen reading experience without requiring the end-user to download or install Reader.

So, while this is technically feasible and the full-screen APIs above are the way do to this, the more important question is probably *should* you take that approach.  Personally, I think you're way better off just serving up the PDF, and depending on what you're doing, building a HTML and JavaScript version for the web might be the better option (particularly if you care about mobile). 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 04, 2018 Sep 04, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It was not necessary to close this https://forums.adobe.com/message/10600712#10600712, because in that thread I'm asking about a completely different matter, not related to a full screen mode in Flash Player. I asked about the missing page number field in Flash Player button menu. But in THIS thread this question is additional and if someone is not interested in the topic of full-screen mode, he will not enter this thread and will not see my additional question.

The whole point of my questions comes from the need to prevent users from downloading a PDF file. Allow only read it, but don`t download it. I can`t forbid downloading a file. So I have to convert PDF into SWF so that users can only read it without downloading. What is incomprehensible in this? I don`t see other ways of solving the problem. I would be grateful if you could give me a solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Sep 05, 2018 Sep 05, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I sent to you the link of the Stage class AS3 api that includes all you need to know about fullscreen.

what's wrong with this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

no worries

don't forget to use the fullscreen event listener

to listen when the user goes back to normal screen..

cheers

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think it is always relevant to post a reminder (to developers rather than end users) that Flash will be gone by 2020, and that it will become harder and harder to use over the next two years, unless the question author clearly knows this. People might well wish to plan for a life of more than 2 years for their project. Some people don't believe it will happen, and may wish to share their view too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

well, people come to this forum to ask technical questions about flash player, nothing else, which is the purpose of this forum.

if it's not the case and you want to force people to think and do something else,

just completely close flash player forum with a message "we don't support any technical question related to flash player".

as this it will be more clear to every user....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry Robert, yes I’ve always tried to force people to think.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines