how to enable Flash Player - Windows 10

New Here ,
Sep 17, 2017 Sep 17, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

[moderator: edited topic title to accurately reflect issue being reported]

i have windows 10.

i have flashplayer enabled in settings.

i have flashplayer enabled in manage add-ons.

the ONLY place that flashplayer is NOT enabled is any site that i go to that uses flashplayer which generates a popup asking i want to allow flashplayer ...

when i think of the ridiculous convoluted route necessary just to post this i think it more productive and efficient to disable and remove the feature as i am sure the inevitable answer from adobe will involve something akin to "this should fix it" or "this should enable it" but never revealing an alternative when it inevitablty does NOT fix or enable it.

[Moved from the Forum comments forum (which is for issues with these forums themselves) and into a product-specific support forum by a moderato]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 18, 2017 Nov 18, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree..I can't figure out how to ask a question yet ...it's awful.  No wonder I'm having issues with Adobe Flashplayer jif they can't put a simple link to ask a question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To give you any useful advice, I'm going to need to know more about your computer and browser:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 27, 2017 Nov 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Assuming you're using Edge browser - see Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge for assistance.

If you're suing a different browser, provide the information previously requested.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

this is simply to ASK A QUESTION on the forum!!!!

Even technical support had no clue how to navigate this on your own web forum!!!!

I use MAC high Sierra NOT microsoft

HOW DO I SIMPLY TYPE A QUESTION (NOT search) into an Adobe forum?????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 15, 2018 Mar 15, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To start a new discussion, click on the 'Click here to start a new discussion' link:

<edit>
Can't comment on other product forums, as product forum admin's can set up their forum's differently, but both Using Flash Player and Installing Flash Player are configured the same.  The question pod is listed first to give user's an opportunity to search the forums for their issue, in case it's been asked before.  The 'Click here to start a new discussion' link is listed below the search field, in both Flash Player forums.

<edit>
The 'Actions' menu in the upper right also has the ability to create a new discussion:

The Actions pod in the upper right also has a link to start a new discussion:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 08, 2018 Jun 08, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm going around in circles here.  Many of the options shown on some of the links don't exist for me.  I have a simple question I am trying to ask, but can't find the correct place to ask it.  Somehow, I got to this location and can Vent about the poor web page design here however, I can do little else to actually ask my question.

My question is simply I have Adobe 29.0.0.171 and I need to be able to upgrade it to 30.0.0.113 to resolve the recently announced Zero day attack.  I was able to upgrade my Google Chrome browser by merely going to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

location and Run “Download the Latest version of Flash Player”  It automatically upgraded me to the latest release.

However, when I try the same thing on Internet Explorer and also on Microsoft Edge it doesn't work on either one.  I am trying to figure out what I have to do in order to upgrade Internet Explorer and Microsoft Edge to the same release of Flash I easily upgraded to on Google Chrome?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player in Edge and IE, the release the update comes from them, via Windows Update.  When they actually make the update available is also up to them, not Adobe.  According to https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4287903/security-update-for-adobe-flash-player they already have the release available.  Please contact Microsoft for assistance if the update is still not available after running Windows Update.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have to agree.  I have spent 30 minutes trying to navigate the Adobe page just to ask a question. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 13, 2018 Jul 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem - can't even figure out how to ask a question  - ADOBE is a nightmare

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Rather than accuse and insult, try to understand where the problem comes from....

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not only is it impossible to post a question, there is no support for LR2.

all my photos are greyed out including ones I just imported.

On Fri, Jul 13, 2018 at 12:03 PM, Robert Mc Dowell <forums_noreply@adobe.com

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was not able to post a question on forum but heres my question:

Why are all my photos in LR greyed out?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is the Flash Player forum, not Lightroom

There are 2 Lightroom forums:

In your case, you probably want the Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app forum.

In both forums, to post a new discussion, scroll to the bottom and click on the 'Start a new discussion link':

Screen Shot 2018-07-13 at 1.16.50 PM.jpg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Given that this thread has effectively devolved into nonsense unrelated to Flash Player, I'm locking it.

If you're running into a Flash Player problem, pleas start a new thread.

There's a guide to productively asking questions about Flash Player, here:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Here's the support link for Creative Cloud products.

As you've observed, Adobe gladly provides direct support for paying customers on current product versions.  I've included that support link below for your convenience.

Adobe Creative Cloud Learn & Support

For free and legacy products, Adobe provides the user-to-user forums as a courtesy to the community.  The folks that respond here are either other users, volunteering their time to be helpful, or employees, responding in their free time as a courtesy to the folks that use our products.

For the Lightroom desktop application this is the user-to-user community where the people that know stuff about Lightroom are likely to hang out.  I would recommending asking your lightroom-related question there, since it's more likely to be seen by a domain expert.

Lightroom Classic CC — The desktop-focused app

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree.  This isn't a technical issue for the browser.  There just appears to be no way to navigate to a place where I can ask a question.  No one seems to have the problem I have.  So if anyone can direct me as to where to simply post a question, that will be a start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Dec 10, 2017 Dec 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I found out that you have to do a search BEFORE it will give you the

link to ask a question.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2018 Jul 01, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is absolutely ridiculous.  Maybe they will give us the option of paying to ask a question.  I bet that link would be easy to find.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

ADOBE SUCKS  - They do not have basic support unless you pay a monthly subscription

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines