• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to get debugger working in Chrome July 2018

Explorer ,
Jul 12, 2018 Jul 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just reinstalled Windows and all my apps and can now longer get the Flash debug player to output to a log file at either

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\Logs\flashlog.txt

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\WritableRoot\Logs\flashlog.txt

I can trace() output fine to the first of these paths from Firefox. But not Chrome.

All the support docs online are way out of date. Should this work in Chrome and if so how do I configure it?

Flash Player content debugger for Opera and Chromium based applications – PPAPI Version 30.0.0.134

Chrome Version 67.0.3396.99 (Official Build) (64-bit)

Windows 10 Pro 10.0.17134

thanks

Derek

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah, Chrome is the exception to everything as far as file paths go.  Flash Player runs in a jailed filesystem in Chrome, and the paths are different.  Because Chrome ships with Flash Player built-in, getting it to actually run the Debugger introduces some complexity.  You may need to specify some Chrome commandline options to ensure you're always running the Flash Player that you want.

https://peter.sh/experiments/chromium-command-line-switches/  (search for PPAPI or Flash for a good survey of the available options)

You'll also probably want to verify that you're actually running the debugger in Chrome. If you see the Show Redraw Regions option in the context menu, that's a good indicator that you're on the debugger.

Personally, I just use Firefox for debugging to avoid the headache.  Flash Player is more straightforward to configure there, and it keeps Chrome setup for general browsing.

Also, the debugger doesn't write the trace log by default.  You need to enable it in mm.cfg.

Configure the Flash Player debugger version

For Chrome, you should put mm.cfg in the following directory:

• Mac: /Users/<username>/Library/Application Support/Google/Chrome/Default/Pepper Data/Shockwave Flash/System
  • Win: %USERNAME%/AppData/Local/Google/Chrome/User Data/Default/Pepper Data/Shockwave Flash/System

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much for the prompt and full response. I will check this out and respond.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for pointing me towards all the required information. I can turn the bundled plugin off and point to the debug dll using

"C:\Program Files (x86)\Google\Chrome\Application\chrome.exe" --disable-bundled-ppapi-flash --ppapi-flash-path="C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash\pepflashplayer64_30_0_0_134.dll"

Actionscript error reporting does occur. However it still won't trace to flashlog.txt.

I have mm.cfg with TraceOutputFileEnable=1 at "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Pepper Data\Shockwave Flash\System\"

I also tried mm.cfg at %HOMEDRIVE%\%HOMEPATH% (according to https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/configure-debugger-version-flash-player.html)

I have flashlog.txt at "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Macromedia\Flash Player\Logs\"

I think I'll follow your advice and simply use Firefox.

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,
Jul 16, 2018 Jul 16, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Don't know if it's ok for all actionscript errors but to redirect any error within a try/catch then screen the result

with a javascript modal helped me a lot until now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines