Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to install flash player on Safari 11

Sep 23, 2017 Sep 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The install instructions call for after download to go to security in Safari 11 preferences and allow plug ins.  But that option is missing

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2017 Sep 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

To get the latest version of Flash Player, go to Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions  and download the same. Once you have downloaded and installed the latest Flash Player, follow the steps mentioned on Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari for settings.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 25, 2017 Sep 25, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@stuarts73249900

Apple changed the location of the plugins in Safari 11.  We are in the process of updating the tech note for Safari 11 behaviour.  In the interim, please see my reply (comment #2) at Re: I can't get flash player to work in Safari.  for the Safari 11 instructions.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 20, 2018 Feb 20, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You sated on 25 September 2017 that you were updating the technote for the new location of Safari plugins..... today on Feb 20 2018 I've selected the first Google find and it shows an Adobe redundant note for Safari 11.

Am I missing something or are you still updating?  Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari

This page shows me very little of help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The instructions on the Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari  tech note appear to be correct for Safari 11.

What exactly, is the behaviour you are experiencing.  Please describe the issue in detail, including, the mac version, and a link to the content that is not working.  Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Instead of just reading the Adobe tech notes I had to delve deeper and read a discussion before knowing where to look for the download.   The instructions ASSUME that Flash is already installed. Maybe giving the download link would be useful?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The tech note you link to is titled 'Enable Flash in Safari', thus it does assume Flash is already installed.

To download the installer go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer

The link to it is also posted at the bottom of the main www.adobe.com page:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Methinks you are getting tricksy. Not a good sign when taking about HELP documents.

Are you suggesting my Google search was faulty maybe? ...... "install flash on mac safari"

Your unhelpful page was the first result. As already stated, it unhelpfully assumed I had installed. A well written help document would not assume this but give the answer for both scenarios - those that had and those that had not.  Why should I need to spend more than 30 seconds looking for the answer. Sorry if my lack of knowledge of where to download Flash comes as a surprise to you. I stopped using it several years ago and had presumed it was no longer available for Mac. 

A helpful attitude must always be good when writing HELP documents.

No need to reply again, unless you have something helpful to add.  Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There is a more general tech note that addresses both scenarios: Flash Player Help

The one in question is specific to enabling Flash in Safari, as the title indicates.

Are you suggesting my Google search was faulty maybe? ...... "install flash on mac safari"

The search result is based on Google's search algorithm.  Adobe has nothing to do with how Google displays their search results.

Sorry if my lack of knowledge of where to download Flash comes as a surprise to you.

Not at all. Not sure where you inferred that from.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines