• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

how to open .swf files

New Here ,
Sep 09, 2018 Sep 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded a .swf file to my computer, and I cannot open it. I've tried to install Flash Player to my computer, but every time the installation delete its self. I tried to install to google crome, but the file does not open in crome. There is no supported app for .swf files on my computer. I have windows 10.

Does anyone know how to do?

TOPICS
How to , SWF

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Flash Player is a browser plug-in, not a standalone application.  It sounds like you're probably using Firefox and the installer is doing what it's supposed to do.

The answer depends on what you're trying to accomplish. 

If you're trying to run a SWF locally like a standalone application, the Flash Player Projector should do it:

Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads

If you're trying to run it locally in a web browser, using a local webserver (e.g MAMP/WAMP/XAMP/IIS) is the way to go.  A Google sear

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 10, 2018 Sep 10, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Flash Player is a browser plug-in, not a standalone application.  It sounds like you're probably using Firefox and the installer is doing what it's supposed to do.

The answer depends on what you're trying to accomplish. 

If you're trying to run a SWF locally like a standalone application, the Flash Player Projector should do it:

Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads

If you're trying to run it locally in a web browser, using a local webserver (e.g MAMP/WAMP/XAMP/IIS) is the way to go.  A Google search should turn up some good getting started tutorials on that front.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines