• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to post an HTML or SWF file on a WordPress Site?

New Here ,
Feb 27, 2018 Feb 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm not sure if this is the right forum, but I am trying to create an eBrochure and post either the HTML code or SWF file into my site for people to view.  I've exported the file, but I'm not sure what to do next to get it onto my site.  I can view the page that pops up, but don't seem to be able to share it or post it anywhere.  Does someone know what I should do or could you refer me to any how-to videos?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

A quick google search for "Embed Flash in Wordpress Site" turned up a few results that look promising.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The hard part is I have limited access to the WordPress site, so I can't use PlugIns, and I was hoping to send the link to my coworker for review, but unless they install Flash, they can't see it, and that won't work.  I feel stuck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the end of the day, this isn't really a problem with Flash Player.  It's a problem with Wordpress and browser support for Flash.  I'm not a Wordpress expert, so I can't really give you much in terms of useful advice.

I'm not really sure why you'd publish an electronic brochure using Flash in 2018, especially if you want it to "just work" out of the box for anyone with a web browser.  If it's just a static document, HTML or PDF might be a better choice.  All the major browsers have native PDF viewers.

I don't have any context about what you made or why you chose a particular output format, but the concerns you're voicing say a lot about the fact that maybe SWF isn't the best fit for what you're trying to do.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 28, 2018 Feb 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I didn't really want to, was looking for a quick and easy option and it looks like without in5 or one of the flipbook applications, all I can get with Adobe is a swf file which is no longer supported.  Ugg.  Hope Adobe updates this sometime soon so I can export as HTML5 instead!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear, Adobe still supports Flash Player; however, the major browser vendors are increasing the amount of friction end-users experience when attempting to view Flash-based content.  Regardless, it's a sub-optimal experience.

Out of curiosity, what tool are you exporting from?  We've done a lot of work in products like Adobe Animate (formerly Flash Professional) to allow you to create output for both Flash and HTML/JavaScript.  I'm wondering if maybe there's a relatively painless way to migrate your content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It works in Adobe, but I need to be able to send a link and view online, but because of the difficulties viewing it online and having to possibly update Flash for everyone trying to view it on the website, that will cause a lot of IT issues for my company.  I'm exporting it in InDesign CC as a SWF with an HTML file as well, but all I can get the HTML file to do is tell my coworkers they need to update to the latest version of Flash player which leads me back to bogging down IT.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

are you using swfobject to embed your swf?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have not, do you know of any good how to videos or sites I could reference?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

you can start here

GitHub - VoiSmart/swfobject: An open source Javascript framework for detecting the Adobe Flash Playe...

I personally embed any swf with swfobject v2.3 since years and everything run smoothly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you!!  I will give it a try!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines