How to publish swf files created with Flash 4.0/5.0 (AS1.0) in website

New Here ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I need to publish in website the contents of my edu-tainment CD which was authored/created long before (year 2001/2002) with Macromedia Flash version 4.0/5.0. There are huge number of files and contents there and some doesn't work when I tried to play a few of them in web pages recently. I don't want to recreate them again with Action Script 3.0 as you know that would be a huge task. Is there any easy way to publish these files in website?

Please do help!!

atmMH
TOPICS
Browser, How to, SWF, Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Nov 17, 2019 Nov 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Before putting more effort into a dead end... are you aware that all main browsers will block Flash Player before the end of 2020, and after that Flash Player will not be available! Converting may be a better investment of time. 

If you do want to make your old apps work you will need to review the changes in the last 16 years in detail and convert/rewrite as needed. Security concerns have blocked many paths. 

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines