Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to show flash buttons in Magento2 back end

New Here ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there,

I've spent many hours trying to solve this and have asked programmers to solve it but no one has been able to solve it yet. As a last resort I'm trying this forum.

I have magento 2 and in the back end a translation tool has been installed. Now my programmers see the Translate buttons underneath or above each field on their pc, my wife does on her pc and I sometimes saw it, shortly after which the buttons disappeared again. It's driving me nuts.

I've set the site to 'Allow' for Flash, also set my AMD Catalyst control center back to its standard settings and have created another user for my PC, all without result. For me it's like searching for a needle in a haystack.

Does anyone have a clue?

Thanks.

Specs PC:

Operating System

Windows 10 Home 64-bit

CPU

Intel Core i5 460M @ 2.53GHz 74 °C

Arrandale 32nm Technology

RAM

4,00GB Dual-Channel DDR3 @ 532MHz (7-7-7-20)

Motherboard

Sony Corporation VAIO (N/A)

Graphics

Digital Flat Panel (1920x1080 60Hz) (1920x1080@60Hz)

512MB ATI AMD Mobility Radeon HD 5000 Series (Sony) 56 °C

Storage

111GB Samsung SSD 850 EVO 120GB (SATA (SSD)) 36 °C

Optical Drives

Optiarc DVD RW AD-7710H

Audio

High Definition Audio-apparaat

Regards, Bob.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 24, 2018 Sep 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's very likely that you need to enable Flash Player in your browser.

In order to get more specific than that, I'd need to know what browser you're using.

Here's the general guide:

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2018 Sep 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply. I believe I have done so and that's why I stated "I've set the site to 'Allow' for Flash".

When I follow your link and test whether Flash player is installed on my computer I get the message:
"Flash Player is pre-installed in Google Chrome, but not enabled. You can skp the steps below. See Enable Flash Player on Google Chrome."

When following the Enable link I get the following Dutch page: Use or fix Flash audio & video - Computer - Google Chrome Help

From that I learn to go to page I want to see the flash elements on, then go to the padlock in front of the url, click that and set Flash settings to Allow. I reload the page with the new settings but there are no flash elements showing. As said, everyone else is seeing the flash buttons, including my wife on her pc.

Thanks for your further help.

Kind regards,

Bob

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, I'm using Chrome Version 69.0.3497.100 (Official build) (64-bits)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In a nutshell, the issue is that the browser is interfering with the normal operation of Flash Player.  Adobe is a large company, and I don't have any intersection with Magento.  I don't have an easy way to log into a representative UI in order to investigate.

You have a couple options:

1. Experiment with other browsers.  Chrome is by far the most restrictive.
  2. Contact Magento Support.  Given the trajectory of Flash support in the major browsers, I'm sure that this is an issue that they're dealing with regularly.

If this is specific to the Flash-based file uploader, a quick Google search turned up a number of plugins that exist to eliminate the dependency on Flash.

Removing the dependency on Flash is really the best long-term solution.

In the unlikely event that Magento engineering needs help from the Flash team, we're happy to help.  You're more than welcome to share this thread with them.  They can send me a private message with contact info through the forums, and I'll get an engineering conversation going.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Jeromie,

Thanks for your reply. I could give you access to my back end of Magento and you could check certain pc settings via Teamviewer?

Regarding #1: Experimented with Firefox' latest, Edge, and Chrome beta. All don't show the buttons.

Regarding #2: I've very intensely did that but without luck. I thought it might be related to the file uploader button but those instructions are for Magento 1 versions (and it's not the uploader button but a 'Translate'-button). Besides that and that is most important: logging into Magento's back end via my wife her PC does show the buttons so it's not a matter of faulty installation of Magento but should be my own computer somehow not liking flash. Do you agree?

Looking forward to hearing from you again. Having to buy a new laptop for this shouldn't be necessary but this function is important for my daily business operations.

Thanks.

Regards, Bob.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you followed the directions in the guide on enabling Flash Player and actually confirmed that Flash Player is installed and working in each of the browser that you're testing, then we know that Flash Player is working under normal circumstances.

If it was a problem with cached content, you wouldn't have had the problem in browsers you'd never used before.

If it was a problem with HTTPS handshaking (your system clock is way off, etc.), you wouldn't have been able to log into Magento in the first place.

The easiest scenario to deal with would be that you don't actually have Flash enabled or installed for the other browsers that you tried (they all require a unique variant of Flash Player), so you're getting the behavior that you'd expect when Flash isn't available.

If you didn't follow the directions in the guide for each browser that you tried, go back and do that as the next step.

The appropriate Flash Player does need to be installed for the browser you're using.  We'll automatically detect the browser and serve you the correct installer.  You need to do this for Firefox for sure.  IE/Edge will already have Flash built-in on Win10, and Chrome ships their own Flash Player.

You can pick up Flash Player by going here:

https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

If Flash Player *isn't* working on one or more config, then we should talk about those independently and work through them.  That would be pretty weird, and I'm thinking that's probably not what's actually happening.

If you've done all that stuff and Flash still isn't working, then I'm pretty sure that we're talking about a self-inflicted problem.  It's Win10, so it's unlikely that it's something mangled with the registry or underlying filesystem.  It's probably something in the neighborhood of an ad-blocker or anti-tracking utility, noscript, antivirus that blocks Flash content, custom security settings, etc.  There are million ways to shoot yourself in the foot like that, but they all boil down to a situation where either necessary content is being blocked or otherwise prevented from running normally, or Flash Player itself is prevented from operating normally.

To the TeamViewer point, Adobe doesn't offer direct support for free products (and I'm not in the support organization), so we can't log into your machine and poke around.  You could take it to a trusted technician, but it sounds like you're savvy enough to solve it with a little guidance and googling.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines