• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How To Uninstall Flash from Mac OS Big Sur?

New Here ,
Dec 09, 2020 Dec 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have attempted to download the uninstaller (based on the Flash pop-up from Adobe, notifying that Flash is no longer supported as of 12/31... 

The link takes me to an option to sign-up for Adobe Acrobat Pro (NOTHING about Flash Uninstall)!

I then went to the chat window... who eventually referred me here to the community.  Wonderful help, Adobe...  I'm simply attempting to do what you tell me to do... but...  

I tried to download the uninstall "helper"...  but it will not open...  and again, the "chat" representative was no help aside from sending me here.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Adobe does not provide technical support for products that it gives away for free.  These community support forums are provided as a courtesy for users of those products, and people from the team try to make time to answer questions. 

If you're paying for a product like PhotoShop or Creative Cloud, the support teams are well equipped to help you with those products.

Anyway, you can always run the manual Flash Player uninstaller if you're not sure that a given pop-up is legitimate, or you wan

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The prompt uninstalls Flash Player silently in the background and then launches default browser to a 'thank you' page with an optional offer.

You can confirm Flash Player has been uninstalled by going to System Preferences and looking for Flash Player Settings Manager, which will no be present when Flash Player is not installed.

Or going to /Applications/Utilties and looking for Adobe Flash Player Install Manager.app, which will not be present when Flash Player is not installed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria...  Thank you for the response.  To be certian I clearly understand, I believe you're saying that when I followed the prompt from the pop-up I received... the uninstall happened "behind the scenes"... and therefore has already been completed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it should have uninstalled behind the scenes.  You can confirm using one of the 2 methods I mentioned.

Note that this doesn't uninstall Chrome's embedded version of Flash Player.  Per the Chrome Flash road-map Google wioll remove Flash from Chome in Chrome 88

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2020 Dec 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not provide technical support for products that it gives away for free.  These community support forums are provided as a courtesy for users of those products, and people from the team try to make time to answer questions. 

If you're paying for a product like PhotoShop or Creative Cloud, the support teams are well equipped to help you with those products.

Anyway, you can always run the manual Flash Player uninstaller if you're not sure that a given pop-up is legitimate, or you want to be absolutely sure that it's uninstalled.

Uninstall Flash Player - Mac:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jeromie,
I tried the method you suggested. I can't get the uninstall program to work. It gives me a mounting error message. I have OS 11.1 (Big Sur) and when I try opening the flash manager it says I need an updated version. 

Any suggestions?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines