• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

How to use flash player debugger in windows 10?

New Here ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

I am trying to debug the code in Aodbe flex builder 3 in windows 10 OS but the system is not letting me install a debugger version of flash player to do so.

Earlier I had windows 7 and I have installed the flash player version 9 or 11 to debug it and I was able to do so, but my OS was updated to windows 10 the flash player debugger is not working also the system is not letting me install the previous version of flash player. I am getting the error as "The latest version of flash player is already installed".

Issues faced in debugging the flex builder code in Windows 10

Currently the latest version of the adobe player is installed in windows 10(i.e adobe flash player 29)

But to debug the code on flex builder 3 we need the flash player version 9 to be installed

I tried to forcefully install the flash player version 9 from the adobe website but the system is not letting me

I tried uninstalling the current version of the flash player using the adobe instruction so that I can reinstall the version 9 which is compatible with the flex debugger but it didn't work.

So I am  stuck in the deadlock with windows 10 in which we can neither install the flash player version 9 nor we can debug it in the current version.

Can someone please help me with this issue?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 22, 2018 May 22, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Which player type are you using?

As of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE, and Edge (as of WIn10).  The ActiveX EXE or MSI installers DO NOT work on these operating systems.

Since Microsoft embeds Flash Player, all updates are released by Microsoft via Windows Update.  Check to see you have the latest update installed.

However, you could use the debuggers of the other two player types i.e. NPAPI/PPAPI .

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines