• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

HP Scanner software used Flash player, Now scanner is useless

New Here ,
Jan 16, 2021 Jan 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP Solution Center software came with the scanner, HP has no replacement now apparently Adobe has rendered my scanner useless by disabling Flash Player. Sounds like a lot of people will have this issue. Is there any workaround, update or solution? 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

HP had 3-1/2 years notice that Flash Player was ending on Dec 31st, 2020. If they didn't see fit to upgrade their software, those are the breaks.

Fortunately, I'm able to control my scanners and printers via the hardware's onboard controls.  Perhaps not quite as convenient to use as the computer apps, but it's an acceptable workaround until I'm ready to buy new peripherals.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash player license expired on January 12, 2021. If you go to "control panel" and put an earlier date, when you reopen the solution center you will see that it works. After the scan put everything back in place.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 17, 2021 Jan 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HP had 3-1/2 years notice that Flash Player was ending on Dec 31st, 2020. If they didn't see fit to upgrade their software, those are the breaks.

Fortunately, I'm able to control my scanners and printers via the hardware's onboard controls.  Perhaps not quite as convenient to use as the computer apps, but it's an acceptable workaround until I'm ready to buy new peripherals.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,This is indeed a problem for which HP shamefully  is taking NO responsibility.

For windows 7 & 8 you can install an earlier flash that works & doesn't seem to get deleted or corrupted (at least until Adobe find out).

What to do:

1) Remove all traces of your present flash by downloading and executing the Adobe Flash removal file at the following link:

[moderator: potentially harmful link removed.  Uninstaller is posted at https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-windows.html]

(you need to put the usual http // www. (without the gaps between characters) in front of this link. I have left it off to stop the censors from removing the link).

Ensure that no programs are running when you delete Flash!

2) Reboot your computer to finish the de-installation

3) Install the older Flash version from the following link:

[moderator: potentially harmful link removed]

(again insert http: etc. at the front of the link).

4) Reboot  the computer and your User Interface should work again.

Regards

Christopher

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 18, 2021 Jan 18, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Even in windows 10 this solution works 😉

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Tancat and others,

unfortunately Adobe keeps removing my link to get the older flash version.

here it is as a short version again until it is removed, [moderator: potentially harmful link removed]

This is sadly the last time I will be able to help here.

Best of luck Chris.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jan 19, 2021 Jan 19, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Well in addition to HP, Adobe is obviously in league and also trying to make us throw away good equipment.

Adobe will not allow me to give you the help which would have allow you to keep on using your HP equipment. I tried, but sadly Adobe is blocking me.

You should send your opinion of this dreadful behaviour of Adobe to their management.

Sorry I can not help where I have a solution.

You can try the following:

1) Thoroughly de-install flash using the Adobe de-installation tool (important that no bits are left)

2)Reboot

3) Search the web for an older version (say, 4 or 5 years old) of Flash and install it.

I wonder how much of this will be censored??

Regards Chris

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"Search the web for an older version (say, 4 or 5 years old) of Flash and install it."

=============

@Deleted User,

WARNING:  DO NOT do this!  ADOBE DOES NOT OFFER OLD, UNSUPPORTED FLASH PLAYER PLUGINS. 

Using unsupported plugins that no longer receive security updates puts you and your computer at risk from hackers, trojans, ransomware and other malicious attacks.  Browser vendors and operating systems are disabling Flash for a reason.

Incidentally, this is an Adobe user-to-user community, not the HP forums.  And the official Adobe announcements about Flash Player EOL can be found below.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried VueScan?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines