• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I am not able to download, am unable to find install_flashplayer[xxx].exe in my system

Community Beginner ,
Feb 15, 2016 Feb 15, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not able to download, am unable to find install_flashplayer[xxx].exe in my system

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please download it from below location:

get.adobe.com/flashplayer/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried many times. I will not. I did find that it was blocked by a "Malwrebytes" intrusion to my installer. I had uninstalled Malwarebytes long ago. I then deleted it from my system. Yet I can only install Adobe Cloud. No other Adobe Programs.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Using Windows 7. My system states, AdobeFlash-13-All-Update_upd, is not compatible with my system. What Flashplayer can I use? How can I install it?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've waited over an hour for a fix. I can't stay on any longer. I cannot use Adobe Products and CAN'T GET HELP!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 17, 2016 Feb 17, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI, Adobe doesn't provide technical support for products it offers for free, like Flash Player.  This is a user-to-user forum, and the staff here provide support as a courtesy, mostly in our free time.  It's unlikely that you're going to get an immediate response.

It sounds like your system is in a bad state as a result of third-party security software, over which we have no control.  I can offer some common-sense guidance, but if the machine is in a weird state and you're not able to install software outside of the creative cloud installer in general, I'm not sure that our odds of getting Flash Player going are very good.

If you've uninstalled malwarebytes from your system, it's odd that it's still running and continuing to flag things.  It's also odd that malwarebytes is flagging the Flash Player installer. 

Malware bytes does offer a standalone clean-uninstall tool, which I'd recommend that you explore:

Malwarebytes | How do I uninstall Malwarebytes Anti-Mal...

Once you actually have malware bytes removed and it's not actively blocking our installers, they'll hopefully proceed normally.  We're not going to get much done as long as a third party application is killing our process.

If you get the whole thing with Malwarebytes resolved and it's *still* blocking the process, there are links to an alternate set of installers at the bottom of this page that might get you going:  https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-windows.html

I'm just going to put this out there for consideration. 

I'm guessing that you installed Malwarebytes because your machine was behaving strangely and/or you may have suspected malware.  There's no guarantee that a cleanup tool is going to get everything, and it's common for malware to auto-update itself upon successful installation.  It's a cat-and-mouse game between attackers and defenders, and hundreds of thousands of virus variants surface daily. 

If it was me, and I thought that I had a malware infection, attempted to clean it up with a popular and respected tool, and the machine is still behaving really strangely (and you're describing some strange symptoms), I'd probably be thinking pretty seriously about backing up my important files, completely wiping the machine and installing from pristine sources, updating immediately and then restoring my data from backups. 

Conducting comprehensive forensics from a forum isn't really practical, but best case, something about the OS and/or filesystem is really wonky, and worst-case, you have a nasty malware problem that could lead to much larger real-world headaches down the road.   I'm not trying to give you a cop-out answer on the installation problem and will gladly help try and get that going, but I though it was worth mentioning, in the event that raises alarm bells for you.  It's a lot of weird things happening all at the same time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 18, 2016 Feb 18, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

In addition to what Jeromie states, 'AdobeFlash-13-All-Update_upd' is not the official Flash Player installer.  Sounds like you downloaded a potentially malicious installer.  The only official location to download the installer from is either the help page that Jeromie posted or get.adobe.com/flashplayer.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To provide assistance, please provide the following:

• Detailed description of issue you are encountering
  • operating system, including version
  • browser, including version
  • direct link to content that is not working
  • screenshot of error returned, if any

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines