Exit

I can't install flash player on my mac

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating system: OS X 10.5.8

Processor: 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Browser: Safari 5.0.6 (have also tried on latest version of firefox)

I have tried so many times to install flash player and each time the download stope (usually at 0%) and doesn't give a reason. I was looking through other threads and I have found that my flash player plugin is in the Internet Plug-Ins (Disabled) folder but I've no idea how to enable it again. Plug ins are enabled under preferences. Could this be the problem? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Could you both try these steps for installing Flash Player?

1. Download and mount the dmg from http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.235/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

2. Right click on the "Install Adobe Flash Player" icon and select "Show Package Contents".

3. Navigate into the /Contents/Resources/ folder and double click the Adobe Flash Player.pkg file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same problem I've tried to uninstall all of Adobe Flash and reinstall 11.2 with no luck.  I am running Mac OS X 10.6.8 on a MacBook w/ 2 Ghz Intel core 2 Duo.  Now I'm at the point where almost every video we need to access is restricted.  Is there anyone else having this problem?  Adobe please fix!!!.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In Safari, go to Help > Installed Plug-ins. Can you see Shockwave Flash in the list?

@Webbervillecarnut: Have you gone through this link: http://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/installation-problems-flash-player-mac.html#Flash_Player_for_...

It has step-by-step information on installing Flash Player.

Also, ensure that JavaScript is enabled in your Mac. (In Safari, click Develop and deselect Disable JavaScript, if the option is selected.)

Thanks,

Sunil

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't see Shockwave Flash installed on the list, do I need to install this first?  When I try to install 11.2, the progress bar will go 95% then lock up.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 04, 2012 Jun 04, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't have shockwave installed. So I should do that first yes? I had flash player before so I must have had it and I have no idea how it has been unintalled. Should I also change the flash player plug-in from disabled? I don't know how to do that! Thanks very much for your help with this.

Caitríona

Update: I installed flash shockwave successfully but still couldn't install flash player. Got the message "This installation  failed" at 0%.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you both try these steps for installing Flash Player?

1. Download and mount the dmg from http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.235/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

2. Right click on the "Install Adobe Flash Player" icon and select "Show Package Contents".

3. Navigate into the /Contents/Resources/ folder and double click the Adobe Flash Player.pkg file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I figured it out already rhanx

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 24, 2014 Jun 24, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hello webbervillecarnut

how did you solve it?

thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@betotm - Could you try the installer located here, no need to extract the pkg file.  Simply download, mount the image and run.  - http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 25, 2014 Jun 25, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you Chris!, it is working now!!

much appreciate it

B

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2014 Aug 12, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris,

Tried to update my Adobe to the newest version and same thing happened, it just froze at 0% process, could you help me again here please?.

Regards

Beto

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 26, 2014 Aug 26, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have spent hours doing everything on Adobe trouble shoot page not to mention everything else I found trying to give help and "nothing" worked. I didn't even have an Adobe Flash Player.pkg file when I went into resources, and couldn't find any help on when that happened either.

Anyway I came across this page, used your link and everything is fine now, it even had the Adobe flash player package in resources, in fact there were 35 files in the resources folder rather than just 5 in all the downloads I got from the Adobe site.

Thank you Chris Campbell.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 30, 2014 Oct 30, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My password is not working….I have been to Adobe.com and reset and it's STILL not working.I have tried all sorts of password iterations to no avail. HOW CAN I RESET THE PW AND HAVE IT WORK????

I am getting very frustrated and looking for a hammer for my computer!!  😉  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are using the wrong password; see https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1619850

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 31, 2014 Oct 31, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much!!! This is the only thing that worked for my computer!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 01, 2014 Nov 01, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.

Thanks for the help but...

...The links aren't working...

Why can't I open the links?

The only relevant change I made recently is that I have updated to yosemite...but even that is a stretch..

http://download.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dm g

this one shows the "not possible to open the page" message

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.235/install_flash_player_osx .dmg

the last one you posted gives me a "404 Not Found" message

Not Found

The requested URL /get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.235/install_flash_player_osx.dmg was not found on this server.

Thank you for your time.

Regards

Joao

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have exactly the same problem.  I have also uninstalled the flash player, as suggested in another post, now I have nothing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

joaosarabando wrote:

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.235/install_flash_player_osx .dmg

the last one you posted gives me a "404 Not Found" message

This topic is half a year old, and that link is no longer valid.  Try http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/pub/flashplayer/current/support/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 02, 2014 Nov 02, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Works perfectly the link you posted!

Followed the "clean install" tutorial and its up and running smoothly.

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 16, 2014 Dec 16, 2014

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi I am having the same problem as previously mentioned but the links wont work? Could you post a new link

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 12, 2012 Nov 12, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've got the same problem, the progress bar hangs up on 95% and won't let me shut the computer down. I've taken all three steps you recommended and the Install Plugin applet hung up as well! It says:

Screen Shot 2012-11-13 at 10.41.39 AM.png

My system:

Mac OSX 10.7.5

2.7 GHz Intel Core i7

Safari 6.0.2

Shockwave Flash installed.

Can you help me to solve this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 19, 2012 Nov 19, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@MagPop - Does this also happen if you try updating right after you reboot your system?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, the same thing happened.

I canceled both applications through the Activity Monitor, rebooted the computer, and after that the automatic update launcher never appeared.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 20, 2012 Nov 20, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, are you on Flash Player 11.5.502.110 now?  If not, can you try installing from this link?

http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/current/licensing/mac/install_flash_player_11_osx.d...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Chris,

I have the same issue, but I've tried all the options you suggested and is not working either. Screen Shot 2014-06-24 at 10.34.12 AM.png

this is what I get when trying to install it, the option you mention before "

1. Download and mount the dmg from http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.235/install_flash_player_osx .dmg

3. Navigate into the /Contents/Resources/ folder and double click the Adobe Flash Player.pkg file. "

is not coming up 😕

I will much appreciate your help

regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines