Exit

I can't install flash player on my mac

New Here ,
Jun 03, 2012 Jun 03, 2012

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Operating system: OS X 10.5.8

Processor: 2.1 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo

Browser: Safari 5.0.6 (have also tried on latest version of firefox)

I have tried so many times to install flash player and each time the download stope (usually at 0%) and doesn't give a reason. I was looking through other threads and I have found that my flash player plugin is in the Internet Plug-Ins (Disabled) folder but I've no idea how to enable it again. Plug ins are enabled under preferences. Could this be the problem? Thanks.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jun 06, 2012 Jun 06, 2012

Could you both try these steps for installing Flash Player?

1. Download and mount the dmg from http://fpdownload.macromedia.com/get/flashplayer/pdc/11.2.202.235/install_flash_player_osx.dmg

2. Right click on the "Install Adobe Flash Player" icon and select "Show Package Contents".

3. Navigate into the /Contents/Resources/ folder and double click the Adobe Flash Player.pkg file.

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,
Mar 23, 2015 Mar 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just FYI. I did everything in here: How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X and it worked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 24, 2015 Mar 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the same and it worked for me too.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 28, 2015 Mar 28, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yep, just worked for me too. Phew! Thanks a bunch!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 11, 2015 Apr 11, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This link does not work (even after removing the extra space before the ".dmg"

Installation from within package contents still doesn't work. Indeed, the install .app is not in the folder specified in this forum (at least on Mac OS X 10.10.2).

Trying to open via Terminal also doesn't work - leads to error message.

Will try Disk Utility approach noted above to see if this remedies the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 12, 2015 Apr 12, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi mhornig18,

Reading through the thread, there are several links mentioned.  The one in the 'correct answer' is no longer available, as it's an older version from when this thread was originally created.  The one in the How to perform a "clean install" of Flash Player in Mac OS X FAQ will work.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 14, 2015 Apr 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

3oPZEeF.pngWhere .pkg file???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kostantin.b,

The screenshot you post is for the online installer which does not contain the PKG file.  Please describe the issue you are experiencing so that we may be able to better assist you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm serfing in net and Flash Updater said me "Update your Flash Player"

ok i'll start downloading and installation

then, on finish phase i see this

CCkkjBlW4AA1arS.png

I ll try downloading and installing 5 or more times

WUT?!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kostantin.b,

Thank you for posting the screenshot.  To troubleshoot the installation failure please provide the install log files as noted in the Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? FAQ using the instructions here How to share a document.    There will be a total of 4 files: install.log, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log.

Also what OS X version is this?

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also what OS X version is this?

m_vargas написал(а):

Hi kostantin.b,

Thank you for posting the screenshot.  To troubleshoot the installation failure please provide the install log files as noted in the Where do I find the Flash Player installation log on the Macintosh? FAQ using the instructions here How to share a document.    There will be a total of 4 files: install.log, FlashPlayerInstallManager.log, Adobe_ADM.log and Adobe_GDE.log.

And what i can do if i lazy man?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kostantin.b,

You can try using the offline installer posted at the bottom of the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page in the 'Still having problems' section, however, that would help us solve the problem.  We're not able to reproduce this issue and having log files will help troubleshoot.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 14, 2015 May 14, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i too was trying to update adobe and it kept stopping, saying i needed to close

com.apple.webkit.plugin.64. but i had no idea where that was.  so i opened the activity monitor and found it.  it said it was opened in safari, under our guest account.  i had closed safari under my user name, but didn't realize it was still opened under our guest acct.  once i closed it there, i retried the installation, and i am happy to report it finished it with ease.

so i would say to try and make sure safari is closed for all account users using your computer!!

good luck!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi !
This problem hardly seems to be Apple related but much more Adobeside.
I am having this issue on a MBP OSX 10.6.8 all updated. My Flash Player version is:
Screen shot 2015-05-28 at 12.18.37 AM.png

and as you see, the latest one.
Problems arrive by trying to update the AdobeFlashPlayer_17ppau_a_install update.Same issues as all others here:
installs breaks, no  visible/invisible .pkg content under the "Resources" folder(instead "MacOS" folder have a Terminal installer), and if I use it, this is the result:

LAOMUSIC-ARTSs-PB-2117:~ laomusicarts$ /Volumes/Adobe\ Flash\ Player\ Installer/Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player.app/Contents/MacOS/Install\ Adobe\ Flash\ Player ; exit;

2015-05-28 00:11:50.253 Install Adobe Flash Player[10500:903] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x10ba20 of class NSCFData autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking

2015-05-28 00:11:50.254 Install Adobe Flash Player[10500:903] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x10f000 of class NSPathStore2 autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking

2015-05-28 00:11:50.255 Install Adobe Flash Player[10500:903] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x10f4b0 of class NSPathStore2 autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking

Bus error

logout

See you next time LAO !

[Process completed]

In my short knoledge of Objective-C, an error of __NSAutoreleaseNoPool() has these breakpoints:
// Functions used as interesting breakpoints in a debugger
// void __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(void *object);
  // Called to log the "Object X of class Y autoreleased with no
  // pool in place - just leaking" message. If an environment
  // variable named "NSAutoreleaseHaltOnNoPool" is set with string
  // value "YES", the function will automatically break in the
  // debugger (or terminate the process).

// void __NSAutoreleaseFreedObject(void *freedObject);
  // Called when a previously freed object would be released
  // by an autorelease pool. If an environment variable named
  // "NSAutoreleaseHaltOnFreedObject" is set with string value
  // "YES", the function will automatically break in the debugger
  // (or terminate the process).

Adobe people, do your job right and please set the appropriate environment variables on your installers !!.
Or hire me !!
The issue here is simple: You are releasing with no pool in place !!
A solution would be:
nt main (…) {
  NSAutoreleasePool *pool = [[NSAutoreleasePool alloc] init];

/// Your code goes here.

[pool drain]; // This one might not strictly speaking be neccessary.
  [pool release];

return 0;
}

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 27, 2015 May 27, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

It appears that you are using the online installer, which is not supported on OS X 10.6. We are aware that one of the pages is delivering the online installer to OS X 10.6 systems, when it should be delivering the offline installer and are working for fix the issue.  In the mean time, you can download the offline installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer or from the Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac page.  The link is at the bottom of the page in the 'Still having problems' section.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 18, 2015 Jul 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was installing adobe flash in my mac but after a few minutes the power went out; now i am trying t install it again but the system show an error... what can i do?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi beranf,

What is the error you are getting when trying to install Flash Player? Please post a screenshot (see How to post a screenshot in the forum‌)

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 24, 2015 Aug 24, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am unable to get Adobe Flash player V18 to work on my Mac - I have downloaded a few times and run. It say's has completed and tales me to the Thanks you for installing page on Adobe wed site. Tried to use with BBC Radio - say's I need to update Flash - what ma I doing wrong - and yes I have rebooted after install.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi kates96358629,

What OS version and browser is this on?  Is Flash Player enabled in the browser (see step 3 in Installation problems | Flash Player | Mac).

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for sending help guide - now working

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 19, 2015 Jul 19, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have downloaded the flashplayer (18) several times directly from Adobe and on the "Install Adobe Flash Player" icon I select "Show Package Contents" but when I navigate into the /Contents/Resources/ folder there is no Adobe Flash Player.pkg file?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 20, 2015 Jul 20, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Evad,

There are a few different installer files.  To identify which one you are using, what is the name of the file?  Why are you attempting to use the PKG file within the installer?

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 29, 2019 Dec 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

BIUTT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines