• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I can't install Flashplayer.

Explorer ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have been in several chat sessions, but can't seem to be able to install Flashplayer. I have tried it three times, once with the assist of an Adobe agent. Please don't respond to this post if you are only going to tell me that you can install it on your own system, or by posting a link to the download page. Thank you for your time.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Thank you very much for the detailed information and the screenshot.  Very helpful.

Acrobat uses a different Flash Player plugin than what Chrome uses.  Chrome uses the Flash Player PPAP plugin.  PDFs use the Flash Player NPAPI plugin (Flash Player for Firefox/Safari).  Clicking the 'Learn More' link in the yellow warning message will take you to https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/flash-player-needed-acrobat-reader.html .  In step 1, clicking the Flash Player for 'Windows' link takes you to th

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,
Jan 25, 2018 Jan 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What does "can't install Flash Player' mean?  Is there an error message?  Does it install without error, but the flash content doesn't display?  For assistance, please provide the following:

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for responding. The problem isn't Flash in my browser but Flash in Adobe Acrobat. I have uninstalled Flash several times and it seems to work fine in my browser.

Windows 10  version 10.0.16299 Build 16299

Google Chrome  version 64.0.3282.119

Flash version 28.0.0.137

Capture.JPG

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you very much for the detailed information and the screenshot.  Very helpful.

Acrobat uses a different Flash Player plugin than what Chrome uses.  Chrome uses the Flash Player PPAP plugin.  PDFs use the Flash Player NPAPI plugin (Flash Player for Firefox/Safari).  Clicking the 'Learn More' link in the yellow warning message will take you to https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/flash-player-needed-acrobat-reader.html .  In step 1, clicking the Flash Player for 'Windows' link takes you to the https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/npapi/ page which downloads the appropriate Flash Player NPAPI plugin used by Acrobat to view embedded Flash content in PDFs.

Alternatives:

1. Use Firefox and go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download the NPAPI plugin
  2. Use any browser and go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/otherversions
    1. In step 1, select your OS version - Windows 10/Windows 8
    2. In step 2, select 'FP 28 for Firefox - NPAPI'
  3. Click 'Download Now' to download the file and install Flash Player

Note that all of these options include optional third party software in the middle panel of the page.  To decline the optional third party software, deselect the check-box next to the optional software.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yay! Thank you very much, Maria! That solved it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're very welcome.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 06, 2019 Nov 06, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Windows 10

Google Chrome

Flash Player 1042111580

When i click install after i download it on my pc i have the error "this app acan t run on your pc , please check with the publisher to find the right version for your pc". I keep having this problem on 2 laptops and i can t seem to find the right version to dowload it" Please help. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines