• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i cant open swf files

New Here ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have swf files in my PC, Windows 10, but the files no appear whit flash player logo, so when i open the files, my PC no reconognizes the swf extentions

i have tried to download adobe flash player but it shows me that it is installed on my browser

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Most browsers are blocking SWF files, unless wrapped in HTML.  You can use the Flash Player projector to view the SWF files.  Download is available at Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads

Note that as of Flash Player 23, local content is blocked by default.  Instructions for allowing local content is available in Release Notes Flash Player 23 AIR 23 in the 'Disabling local-with-filesystem access in Flash Player by default' section.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 02, 2018 Jan 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most browsers are blocking SWF files, unless wrapped in HTML.  You can use the Flash Player projector to view the SWF files.  Download is available at Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads

Note that as of Flash Player 23, local content is blocked by default.  Instructions for allowing local content is available in Release Notes Flash Player 23 AIR 23 in the 'Disabling local-with-filesystem access in Flash Player by default' section.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 12, 2019 Jul 12, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have created 360 Vr movies that are output as swf files that are wrapped in HTML and they don't play on my computer. They used to work in Firefox only, but no longer seem to load. If I load the files to my web server they work, but not off my computer and I would like to show from my desktop. How can I disply the 360 Vr movies on my computer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Local file system access was disabled by default in Flash Player 23.

Work-around to re-enable local file system access is documented in the Release Notes Flash Player 23 AIR 23 in section Disabling local-with-filesystem access in Flash Player by default

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks but that is not the answer I was looking for – I found a SWF File player that displays the SWF files on my desktop so I can show clients my SWF VR movies – that is what I needed and I have now found it. I am surprised Adobe does not make this known or produces their own SWF player. See softfamous.com to download the SWF player - that is the answer I think most of want and it seems to work as required.

Thank you

Robert Berdan

Sent from Mail for Windows 10

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I misunderstood.  Adobe does have a SWF player, Flash Projector, that plays raw SWF files.  It's posted at Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads​.  Since you mentioned the SWF content is wrapped in HTML, I interpreted it that you couldn't play the SWF content when hosted locally, which is why replied as I did.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines