• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I clicked on a site and I got an error message saying needs Adobe Flash?

New Here ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I keep getting this from certain websites.  I have Windows 8.1. It tries to download the freestanding installer but it says not necessary.  When I check, it says Adobe Flash is not installed. I do have Shockwave enabled and ActiveX disabled.  How can I get the Adobe Flash back. I know I had it at one time.  I have I/E and have tried to download latest to update Flash Player but since it isn't there, there is nothing to update (as far as the Adobe Flash Player.)   Help!  I am tired of getting this message and not being able to pull up pictures of things I want or need to see.

Kathy M.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 14, 2017 May 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

As of Windows 8, Microsoft embeds Flash Player in IE (and Edge in Win 10) and all updates are distributed by Microsoft via Windows update.  Please run Windows Update to update Flash Player for IE.  Alternatively, a link to the download is posted at the bottom of the Flash Player issues on Windows 8  page. 

Thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines