• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i HAVE 3 DIFFERENT VERSIONS OF FLASH PLAYER 30-WHY?

New Here ,
Jun 17, 2018 Jun 17, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IT ALREADY HAS A SODDING QUESTIION MARK IN THE TITLE-ERGO IT IS A QUESTION!Sorry but all I want is to be able to ask the question and i have been posted all round the block -customersupport is a total joke!Except Iam @NOT LAUGHING!!!!

Your post moved from Adobe Shockwave Player to Using Flash Player [Moderator]

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 18, 2018 Jun 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There's no custumer support for free products. Maybe you have a Flash player for each browser type: IE, Chrome, Firefox all need different versions. (Well, Chrome uses its own now so that's four. And a different one for Edge, that's five).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

These are not support forums.  These are user-to-user forums.  Staff participate during normal business hours Mon-Fri in between their normal workload.

There are different Flash Player plugins for the different browsers.  As OP said, this is most likely what is going on.  To confirm, please provide a screenshot of the Flash Player Settings Manager > Updates tab:

• Windows: Control Panel\All Control Panel Items > Flash Player > Updates
    • If you do not see the Flash Player item, change view settings to view by 'small icons'
  • Mac: System Preferences > Flash Player > Updates

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

To be really specific, each browser provides a programming interface which is available for making plug-ins (like Flash Player).  The major variants are the NPAPI (Netscape Plug-in Application Programing Interface), which, as you've guessed, applies to Firefox, Safari and other Netscape-style browsers.  There's the PPAPI interface, which is specific to Chrome and Chromium-based browsers, and there's the ActiveX interface, specific to Microsoft browsers like IE and Edge.

So, if you're using Flash Player on Windows in multiple browsers, you've got three different variants of Flash Player, each tailored to the plug-in interface available for that specific browser.  It all looks the same to you, but under the hood, they're significantly different pieces of software, and in reality, there are something like 35 variants.

That said, I get the impression that you're frustrated about something, and I'm guessing that's having three Flash Player variants installed isn't actually the thing you're frustrated by.

If you'd like to tell us what the actual problem you're experiencing is, we'd be happy to try and help.

Here's a guide on getting a high-quality answer:

https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1195540

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines