I have Adobe Acrobat XI Pro version 11.0.23. It is asking me to get a compatible Flash.

New Here ,
Nov 06, 2020 Nov 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have Adobe Acrobat XI Pro version 11.0.23. When I try to use the "combine files" feature (i'm trying to combine multiple jpgs into a PDF) it is asking me to get a compatible Flash. I click the button and it takes me to this page where I am supposed to write something, apparently, so here I am writing something.

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct Answer

Most Valuable Participant , Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020
Portfolios in every version of Acrobat more than 6 months old need Flash Player. Flash Player is dead in 8 weeks, maybe sooner, and will stop working. Time to upgrade Acrobat - XI is many years dead.

translate

Translate

Translate
Most Valuable Participant ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Portfolios in every version of Acrobat more than 6 months old need Flash Player. Flash Player is dead in 8 weeks, maybe sooner, and will stop working. Time to upgrade Acrobat - XI is many years dead.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 07, 2020 Nov 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

As OP indicated, Flash Player is end-of-lifing at the end of 2020, and you'll need to upgrade Acrobat to a newer version that doesn't rely on Flash Player (see the Acrobat community forum if you have questions in this).

In the interim, see https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/flash-player-needed-acrobat-reader.html to download Flash Player NPAPI plugin that's compatible with Acrobat.

If you're on macOS, be sure to do this with a browser other than Safari, as Apple has dropped support for Flash Player in Safari 14, released Sept 2020, and you won't be able to download the installer file using Safari.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Nov 09, 2020 Nov 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just upgrade your Adobe Acrobat to the latest version, as the first answer said.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 10, 2020 Nov 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't want a subscription though. How do I upgrade to a desktop-only solution? Thanks.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Most Valuable Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The subscription product is desktop based, it is the successor to Acrobat XI Pro. Like typical software subscriptions, it needs to connect to the internet to check you are still paying, but that's all.  When Adobe chose to put "Cloud" in the name of all their products because it was cool, they had no idea that the idea of Cloud based software would drive off so many potential new and upgrade customers. They still don't.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. I would like a perpertual desktop license for 1-2 computers, without a subscription, and without having to buy at volume. This is what I have now with Pro version 11. Is this possible with v2020? Thanks!

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Further discussion on Acrobat should be posted to the https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat/bd-p/acrobat forum, not on the Flash Player forum.  Folks there are better posisitoned to reply to your Acrobat-specific questions, not here on the Flash Player forum.

Locking this discussion as it has diverged from the original topic (and should have been moved to the Acrobat forum from the get go).

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines