• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have Adobe Creative Suite 6. How do I convert a flash animation to play on my website after 1/12?

Explorer ,
Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello.  I have Adobe Creative Suite 6 Design and Web Premium.  How do I convert my flash animation that is on my website to play after January 12, 2021?  The packaging says that it is HTML5 for Dreamweaver, although I see only the letters HTML in the coding part in Dreamweaver.  What needs to be done?  Do I have to redo my animation all over again in another program that I do not have?  Or can it be converted in Dreamweaver?  Is Dreamweaver already set at HTML5 even though I do not see the 5 in the coding?  How do I change this if I need to?  What program do I need to use to create or convert the animation and to put onto the website?  My animation can be seen at [link removed]

Thank you for your time.

TOPICS
End of life , How to , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 06, 2021 Jan 06, 2021

Adobe Animate CC (nee Flash Professional) is your best bet.  If it's just simple animation and you have the original .FLAs, you should be able to publish them to HTML5 Canvas with a few clicks and some copy-paste.

For more complex stuff with interactivity, there's not a feasible way to build a one-click converter.  The folks in the Animate forums can probably offer some suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Animate CC (nee Flash Professional) is your best bet.  If it's just simple animation and you have the original .FLAs, you should be able to publish them to HTML5 Canvas with a few clicks and some copy-paste.

For more complex stuff with interactivity, there's not a feasible way to build a one-click converter.  The folks in the Animate forums can probably offer some suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

@Noradc  With ruffle.rs you should be able to keep your files as is. Ruffler will convert them when they load on your site to play them as normal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ruffle is great, and on a personal level, I'm rooting for them from the sidelines, and am excited to see how they progress.  They're the latest project in a line of well-resourced, open source efforts focused on porting Flash Player to JavaScript that has happened over the years.

It's a difficult undertaking (it's also why there isn't a one-click conversion tool).  The reality is that they're only at parity with Flash 5 or 6 at this point -- so, Flash circa 2000-2003.  The vast majority of the Flash feature set isn't there yet.  It's not a one-size-fits-all solution at this point, which is why I'm not dropping recommendations on every thread.  There's a really small subset of content (really old Flash games and animations) where it shines.  That said, where you can export to native web formats, that's a better choice, just from a computational and power efficiency perspective.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines