• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have been playing games on Facebook for years using adobe flash player. I was forced to upgrade to flashplayer 26. because the security was supposed to be imploved. It has stored things on computer that make it not work. HELP PLEASE????/

New Here ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was forced to upgrade flashplayer because is had better security.  All it did was store unwanted cookies or whatever they are on my computer.  It stoped the mouse from working.  would not click to open or close and locked up the computer so it didn t work at all.  I had to go In and delete what was stored.  Had to do this every 15min or so,.  It would even store this destructive items even when the deny button was selected.  I also had to use system restore quite a few times.  I finally uninstalled the latest version today and the computer is now working with no hitches.  THE PROBLEM IS I NOW HAVE NO ACCESS TO THE GAMES I HAVE BEEN PLAYING ON FACEBOOK FOR YEARS.  THE OLD VERSION WAS WORKING JUST FINE  WHAT IS WRONG WITH ADOBE FLASH BLAYER????  HAS IT BEEN HACKED SO IT IS INVADING COMPUTERS AND DISRUPTING THE ENJOYMENT    I WANT MY OLD VERSON BACK SO I CAN ENJOY PLAYING THE GAMES AGAIN PLEASE.   HELP PLEASE..

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

The issue is not that your mouse stops working.  The issue is that we aren't considering your click on that security dialog as valid.  We have to determine that the dialog is visible, and that you know that you're clicking on it.  As a browser plug-in, this is actually a really difficult thing to do.  It's especially problematic when the dialog pops up over things that are moving in the background.

Anyway, this dialog is not normally displayed by default.  The easiest way to work around this iss

Votes

Translate

Translate
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So far Adobe is not responding.   It took me over 30 min trying to get help from Adobe and all they did was send me to this forum???  Don t know if Adobe reads these or even cares

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe doesn't offer free support for Flash Player. They asked you to visit these forums where both users and sometimes official Adobe support personnel offer their advice. As this is a discussion board, you need to wait until someone who uses the product you are using responds with either advice or ask questions to track down your problem. I rarely use Flash Player and probably cannot be very helpful. But I can ask you some questions that might help the next person interested in helping you would need the answers to. Q1: What OS are you using? Q2: Exactly what version of Flash Player are you trying to install? Q3: Did you try to download and install Flash Player from an official Adobe website? Q4: Did you try to use the trouble shooting hints from this Adobe website: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am not having problems with the installation of flash player or the uninstalling either.  I tried the troubleshooting page and installed flash player from there and checked for the clouds to make sure it was installed correctly.  it was.   not sure what you mean by OS  not real computer literate however I am competent at reading and following the instructions.  is the operating system Microsoft windows internet explorer-version 6-64 bits that's all I know.  the version of flashplayer I installed in 26  last time downloaded from the adobe website you suggested.  after it is installed and I go to a site that says I HAVE TO HAVE THIS LATEST VERSION a window pops up asking to store on my computer and even though I select deny, it stores any way.  go to adobe page and click on storage and there it is  it ends in cloudfront.net  If it is left on the storage, the mouse stops working, click function does not respondcannot move up or down or chose something on pagecomputer locks up.  remove it from storage and most of the functions come back.  When flash player is uninstalled all function on computer return to normal.   there is something terribly wrong with the latest version.  too bad adobe does not take responsibility for something it puts its name on.    thank you for your help  really appreciate it. 

To: Kathy Mosiman <k.mosiman@yahoo.com>

Sent: Sunday, July 23, 2017 3:21 PM

Subject: I have been playing games on Facebook for years using adobe flash player.  I was forced to upgrade to flashplayer 26.  because the security was supposed to be imploved.  It has stored things on computer that make it not work.   HELP PLEASE????/

I have been playing games on Facebook for years using adobe flash player.  I was forced to upgrade to flashplayer 26.  because the security was supposed to be imploved.  It has stored things on computer that make it not work.   HELP PLEASE????/

created by MichaelKazlow in Using Flash Player - View the full discussionAdobe doesn't offer free support for Flash Player. They asked you to visit these forums where both users and sometimes official Adobe support personnel offer their advice. As this is a discussion board, you need to wait until someone who uses the product you are using responds with either advice or ask questions to track down your problem. I rarely use Flash Player and probably cannot be very helpful. But I can ask you some questions that might help the next person interested in helping you would need the answers to. Q1: What OS are you using? Q2: Exactly what version of Flash Player are you trying to install? Q3: Did you try to download and install Flash Player from an official Adobe website? Q4: Did you try to use the trouble shooting hints from this Adobe website: https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html ? If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9719729#9719729 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9719729#9719729 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Using Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The issue is not that your mouse stops working.  The issue is that we aren't considering your click on that security dialog as valid.  We have to determine that the dialog is visible, and that you know that you're clicking on it.  As a browser plug-in, this is actually a really difficult thing to do.  It's especially problematic when the dialog pops up over things that are moving in the background.

Anyway, this dialog is not normally displayed by default.  The easiest way to work around this issue is to avoid the dialog popping up in the first place.  To deal with that, go to Control Panel > Flash Player > Storage, and click "Allow sites to store information on this computer".  This will suppress the dialog, and should allow you to play games normally.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 27, 2017 Jul 27, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you for your help  I tried your suggestion and for the most part is has solved the problem.  When something ending in cloudfont.net is stored, it still blocks the click function and stops the computer.  Now it is not forever.  I just go in and remove them from storage.  still a pain but not as bad as it was  bearable so I can play the games.   thank you again for responding to my problem

To: Kathy Mosiman <k.mosiman@yahoo.com>

Sent: Monday, July 24, 2017 5:45 PM

Subject: I have been playing games on Facebook for years using adobe flash player.  I was forced to upgrade to flashplayer 26.  because the security was supposed to be imploved.  It has stored things on computer that make it not work.   HELP PLEASE????/

I have been playing games on Facebook for years using adobe flash player.  I was forced to upgrade to flashplayer 26.  because the security was supposed to be imploved.  It has stored things on computer that make it not work.   HELP PLEASE????/

created by jeromiec83223024 in Using Flash Player - View the full discussionThe issue is not that your mouse stops working.  The issue is that we aren't considering your click on that security dialog as valid.  We have to determine that the dialog is visible, and that you know that you're clicking on it.  As a browser plug-in, this is actually a really difficult thing to do.  It's especially problematic when the dialog pops up over things that are moving in the background.  Anyway, this dialog is not normally displayed by default.  The easiest way to work around this issue is to avoid the dialog popping up in the first place.  To deal with that, go to Control Panel > Flash Player > Storage, and click "Allow sites to store information on this computer".  This will suppress the dialog, and should allow you to play games normally. If the reply above answers your question, please take a moment to mark this answer as correct by visiting: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9722293#9722293 and clicking ‘Correct’ below the answer Replies to this message go to everyone subscribed to this thread, not directly to the person who posted the message. To post a reply, either reply to this email or visit the message page: Please note that the Adobe Forums do not accept email attachments. If you want to embed an image in your message please visit the thread in the forum and click the camera icon: https://forums.adobe.com/message/9722293#9722293 To unsubscribe from this thread, please visit the message page at , click "Following" at the top right, & "Stop Following" Start a new discussion in Using Flash Player by email or at Adobe Community For more information about maintaining your forum email notifications please go to https://forums.adobe.com/thread/1516624. This email was sent by Adobe Community because you are a registered user.

You may unsubscribe instantly from Adobe Community, or adjust email frequency in your email preferences

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines