• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I have MAC OS Catalina 10.15.6 and when I download the Flash player it does not work.

New Here ,
Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have MAC OS Catalina 10.15.6 and when I download the Flash player it does not work. When I go to Safari preferences, websites, the plugin is not there.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Sep 22, 2020 Sep 22, 2020

Apple dropped support for Flash Player in Safari 14 ahead of Flash Player's end-of-life at the end of 2020. If you've upgraded to Safari 14 (released Sept 16) you'll need to use one of the other supported browsers:  Google Chrome, Firefox, or Opera. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple dropped support for Flash Player in Safari 14 ahead of Flash Player's end-of-life at the end of 2020. If you've upgraded to Safari 14 (released Sept 16) you'll need to use one of the other supported browsers:  Google Chrome, Firefox, or Opera. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm having the same issue, and I've tried different browsers, they are doing the same thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Apple dropped support for Flash Player in Safari 14.  You'll need to use a different browser.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Like I said, I've tried using different browsers, it does the same thing..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I missed the last part of your comment.

All browsers block Flash Player by default.  See https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html for information on unblocking/allowing Flash Player.

• Google embeds Flash Player PPAPI plugin in Chrome, so there's no need to download Flash Player separately.
  • Firefox uses the same Flash Player NPAPI plugin Safari used.  If you installed Flash Player for Safari, it should work in Firefox
  •  Opera uses the Flash Player PPAPI plugin.  Using Opera, go to https://get.adobe.com/flashplayer to download the Flash Player PPAPI plugin

What is the direct link to the content you are attempting to view that isn't working?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IMG_3306.jpgThis is the message I keep getting..

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Chrome blocks Flash Player by default.  You'll need to enable it. 

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, it is unblocked.  Still getting the same message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 23, 2020 Sep 23, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried the following, on the site that is not working?

1. To the left of the web address, click Lock or Info.
    Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 7.59.46 AM.png

 

2. To the right of "Flash," click the Down arrow and select Allow.
    Screen Shot 2020-09-23 at 7.57.58 AM.png
  3. Go back to the site and reload the page.

I tried to go to the site in question, but it requires a log in to access.   Since all browsers block/disable Flash by default, they rely on the content's Flash detection code to determine if the content requires Flash or not.  If so, the browser prompts the user to enable Flash (for that session only, once the browser is closed, the browser deletes the user's selection).  If the browser is unable to detect the site requires Flash, then it can't prompt the user to unblock/allow Flash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Sep 25, 2020 Sep 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines