• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

i keep being told i need to download a new flash player

New Here ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

in the past week i've downloaded adobe flash player at least twice and yet i've just been told (yet again) that i need to download it to be able to watch things on youtube. please can anyone help, i'm using IE8 on Windows 7

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 25, 2011 Aug 25, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you see the Flash animation at http://www.adobe.com/software/flash/about/ and what player version does it tell you that you have?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 26, 2011 Aug 26, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes i can see it but i posted this after i had downloaded the newest version again because i have a feeling it will happen again. it just tells me that i need to install a flash player above 9.something as though i dont have one at all

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i had this problem i just fixed it.(without having to spend $40 through adobe) now i can watch things on youtube. try this and see if it helps. go to tool on you internet explore which its the little wheel looking thing next to the star on ie9. click on manage add ons look and see if the adobe things are all enable. if not change them from disable to enable. close it out and try to watch something. I just had to change shockwave flash object from disable to enable and mine works now. I really hope this helps you out.

Message was edited by: kaileyh

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your reply, unfortunately that didn't work for me, the flash player was already enabled. Thank you,Carol

> Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 09:12:53 -0600

To: tancc160@msn.com

Subject: i keep being told i need to download a new flash player

i had this problem i just fixed it.(without having to spend $40 through adobe) now i can watch things on youtube. try this and see if it helps. go to tool on you internet explore which its the little wheel looking thing next to the star. click on manage add ons look and see if the adobe things are all enable. if not change them from disable to enable. close it out and try to watch something. I just had to change shockwave flash object from disable to enable and mine works now. I really hope this helps you out.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also cannot download the Flash  Player.  During the installation process I'm told to turn off my IE browser and something titled,  brccmctl, I have no idea what that is, the installation will not finish until I close that.  I checked the Flash animation that was suggested and there is nothing there except for a small circle with a line through it.  My Flash Player worked fine a few days ago, now it doesn't.  The least Adobe could do is give us a Player that actually works.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

During the installation process I'm told to turn off my IE browser and something titled, brccmctl, I have no idea what that is, the installation will not finish until I close that.

Right click the Task bar, click Start Task Manager, click Processes tab, find brccmctl in the list and click it, then hit End Process button.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that, didn't help. I've looked into it and found that the Flash Player won't work on a 64 but browser, it requires a 32 bit browser. I tried to turn my browser from 64 to 32 bit but that didn't work either. Why is Adobe using a program that can't be used? To call Adobe support costs $39, that stinks! Adobe is needed for so many programs and their support requires money. I'll keep looking for a solution to the Flash Player.Thanks for the suggestion.

> Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 10:38:10 -0600

During the installation process I'm told to turn off my IE browser and something titled, brccmctl, I have no idea what that is, the installation will not finish until I close that.

Right click the Task bar, click Start Task Manager, click Processes tab, find brccmctl in the list and click it, then hit End Process button.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am having the same issue on vista 32-bit IE9 home prem. system. When I download the new 10.3.183.7 and click finish I get a message:(This file does not have a program associated with it performing this action. Create an association in the association control panel.) This started on the 24th and none of the suggested fixes have worked for me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The whole thing is very upsetting. Flash Player works just fine on my laptop. I tried to update my Java, Windows Update will not work for me, it tells me that I need to delete my temporary internet files, I did that 3 times, and I still get the same message. I don't know what else to try. Adobe isn't interested in helping us. The problem with IE 9 is that it is a 64 bit browser and Flash Player only works on a 32 bit browser. I tried to change the bits but it didn't work. I wanted to use IE8 but I wasn't allowed to. I don't know what else to do. I'm trying to "pick the brains" of a few friends I know hoping they'll come up with a solution. I am also waiting for Microsoft support to email me with their thoughts.If I find anything useful, I'll pass it along.

> Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 12:50:08 -0600

I am having the same issue on vista 32-bit IE9 home prem. system. When I download the new 10.3.183.7 and click finish I get a message: "This file does not have a program associated with it performing this action. Create an association in the association control panel." This started on the 24th and none of the suggested fixes have worked for me.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have the 64 bit I.E. 9 then the 32 bit I.E. 9 would have also been installed as the 64 bit I.E, 9 can not be the default browser.  If the 32 bit I.E. 9(won't have (64-bit) after Internet Explorer) is not in your list of programs, use windows explorer to find your folder of 32 bit programs, the 32 bit I. E. 9 will have a folder withe the executable file in it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have 32 bit window vista IE9 and have the same problem. I have even uninstalled and reinstalled the player atleast 3 times plus trying to download the player an additional 3 times. I get the same message. Nothing works. I have tried all the trouble shooting ideas. From what I understand Adobe's solution to fixing the problem is to download firefox or some other internet browser, which I'm not gonna do. Good luck in finding a solution. Seems that the problem is on Adobe's or Windows end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

All of you posting in the same topic with saying "I have the same problem", then going on to describe a completely different problem is not helpful.

Please, each of you, start a new topic; give your system background and full description of your problem, and someone will help you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The newest version of Adobe Flash Player is not working. That is the basic problem. I have tired several different solutions. One solution said to update Java, another says that Flash Player doesn't work with a 64 bit browser, another says to un-install IE9, un-install then re-install Flash Player. None of these solutions are working. We have all been told to download the new flash player, then we find that it isn't working. We are all trying different solutions, and still nothing is working. We want Adobe to take an interest and give us a solution.

> Date: Fri, 26 Aug 2011 20:11:16 -0600

All of you posting in the same topic with saying "I have the same problem", then going on to describe a completely different problem is not helpful.

Please, each of you, start a new topic; give your system background and full description of your problem, and someone will help you.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 27, 2011 Aug 27, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried 4 times to post a new topic discussion with my specfics and it keeps saying unable to post blank message. It took me four times to post this comment. I had to reply from my email to respond. Any solutions? I am very FRUSTERATED right now!

Elaine

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to download it today but it wouldn't work until I did what Carl suggested here http://forums.adobe.com/thread/896086?tstart=0 . After I clicked the safety dropdown on the command bar at the top and removed the check by activex filtering the video started working but I would get a popup on every page until I did some changing from a google search at microsoft support for changes of the activex filtering etc. When I made those changes I got another popup at the bottom of IE9 page saying those settings made my computer vulnerable and it had a fixit button which I clicked and it stopped all of the popups and the youtube videos started working. So I don't know everything I did and I hope I can post this because I lost a couple of messages myself yesterday.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for suggestion. I tried that too and just got a blank pop up box and not let me download or try anything.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At last! Something that works! Thank you. I clicked on "tools" on the IE browser, went to Safety, on the drop down list, and un-checked Acitve X Filtering. It worked! Youtube videos are working.Thank you, Thank you, Thank you. I was on the verge of re-formatting and I really didn't want to get into that.

> Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 11:55:51 -0600

I was able to download it today but it wouldn't work until I did what Carl suggested here http://forums.adobe.com/thread/896086?tstart=0 . After I clicked the safety dropdown on the command bar at the top and removed the check by activex filtering the video started working but I would get a popup on every page until I did some changing from a google search at microsoft support for changes of the activex filtering etc. When I made those changes I got another popup at the bottom of IE9 page saying those settings made my computer vulnerable and it had a fixit button which I clicked and it stopped all of the popups and the youtube videos started working. So I don't know everything I did and I hope I can post this because I lost a couple of messages myself yesterday.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Aug 28, 2011 Aug 28, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I will try your suggestion and we will see. If it doesn't work I'm just gonna take my computer somewhere to get fixed. Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2011 Aug 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I came across your post and tried this as a last resort. It worked!!!!!! Thank you and Carl.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 30, 2011 Aug 30, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm glad it worked, but I'm Carol, not Carl, I guess I let the "o" out at some point.Carol

> Date: Tue, 30 Aug 2011 05:49:47 -0600

I came across your post and tried this as a last resort. It worked!!!!!! Thank you and Carl.

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One suggestion, click on Tools, on your browser, go down to Safety and make sure that Acitive X Filtering is unchecked. It worked for me.Good luck!Carol

> Date: Sat, 27 Aug 2011 10:41:07 -0600

I tried 4 times to post a new topic discussion with my specfics and it keeps saying unable to post blank message. It took me four times to post this comment. I had to reply from my email to respond. Any solutions? I am very FRUSTERATED right now!

Elaine

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 31, 2011 Aug 31, 2011

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank so much! After weeks and weeks of trying to get downloaded new flash player to work I tried your remedy AND IT WORKS!

I had even taken laptop to PC shop and they couldn't figure it out........

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank so much! After weeks and weeks of trying to get downloaded new flash player to work I tried your remedy AND IT WORKS!

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

wow, I'm happy to help. Gee I'm not as dumb as everyone tells me--lol! I've out-geeked the geek squad a time or two and that surprises me 'cause I'm not all that technical about computers. I'm glad it worked.Carol

> Date: Wed, 31 Aug 2011 15:35:56 -0600

>

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines