• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I'm installing my Adoble flash player and it asks me to close chrome...

New Here ,
Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm installing my Adoble flash player and it asks me to close chrome, once I close it and click continue it keeps me asking me to close chrome when it's already closed

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jul 07, 2020 Jul 07, 2020

Sounds like a Chrome process is still running in the background, or some other application is identifying itself as Chrome.  User Task Manager (Windows) or Activity Monitor (macOS) to locate the Chrome process and kill it.

Note that Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and all updates to the embedded version of Flash Player are released by Google.  Due to this, there is no need to install Flash Player PPAPI plugin for Chrome separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sounds like a Chrome process is still running in the background, or some other application is identifying itself as Chrome.  User Task Manager (Windows) or Activity Monitor (macOS) to locate the Chrome process and kill it.

Note that Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and all updates to the embedded version of Flash Player are released by Google.  Due to this, there is no need to install Flash Player PPAPI plugin for Chrome separately.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 30, 2020 Jul 30, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Google Hangouts and other Chrome apps will often keep Chrome.exe running, even if the browser itself is closed. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines