• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to know what to download to replace Adobe Flashplayer

New Here ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My online class uses a seperate website called Examity to proctor our exams online. When I run the requirements test for it it pops up with a error message saying I need to download a Flashplayer and lists Adobe's site but I see that it is EOL. So what am I supposed to download to replace it and functions the same way? Please help 😞

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

You need to call the online proctor service and ask them what their plan is, and/or contact your professor.  Feel free to point them both to this conversation. 

Your proctor service has had since 2017 to remove dependencies on Flash Player.  All modern browsers provide the capabilities necessary to do this in JavaScript.  This is an investment and prioritization choice, not a technical limitation. 

Here's the announcement from 2017 with background and additional roadmaps from each of the bro

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 27, 2021 Jan 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You need to call the online proctor service and ask them what their plan is, and/or contact your professor.  Feel free to point them both to this conversation. 

Your proctor service has had since 2017 to remove dependencies on Flash Player.  All modern browsers provide the capabilities necessary to do this in JavaScript.  This is an investment and prioritization choice, not a technical limitation. 

Here's the announcement from 2017 with background and additional roadmaps from each of the browser vendors.  This was widely covered in the tech press at the time. 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

Here's the consumer FAQ: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Our recommendation would be to contact the proctor service and ask them what their solution is, and/or find an alternative proctor service that doesn't require Flash.

Given that Flash Player stopped loading content from the open web on January 12th, and that both Safari and Google Chrome 88 (which represents about 70% of the US browser market) have dropped support for all browser plug-ins (including Flash), your options as an individual are pretty limited.  

More details are in the consumer FAQ, here: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Hope that helps!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines