• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to replace Flash in an Adobe Dreamweaver CS4 website because I know Flash is not going to be

New Here ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know I need to replace Flash in an Adobe Dreamweaver CS 4 website because it's not going to be used at some point. Is there a Flash to HTML5 converter in existence that I can download and use. Abobe Animate won't open it. I can see the code on my website when I show page source. So let me know how to do it.  [E-mail removed by moderator.]

TOPICS
End of life

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 31, 2020 Aug 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

SWF/Flash is already dead.  Most browsers no longer support the player and haven't for more than a year.  Whatever Flash content you're using on your site is probably not getting viewed much if at all.

For video content, you need the native video file (AVI, MOV, WMV, MPEG, etc..) and an online converter or Handbrake to make it MP4 for the web.

https://handbrake.fr/

HTML5 video is natively supported by all devices and it's simple to deploy in an HTML5 document. See link below.

https://www.w3schools.com/html/html5_video.asp

Beyond that, you may be out of luck.  We would have to see what it is to comment.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 01, 2020 Sep 01, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Jack,

If you're asking is there a SWF to HTML5 converter, the answer is No.
If you have the FLA that created the SWF, the current version of Adobe Animate will be able to convert the AS3 (Actionscript) FLA to an HTML5 Canvas FLA. However, you will need to rewrite all scripts that were in ActionScript to JavaScript.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines