• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I need to uninstall Flash from my Pc but i don't have permission to uninstalled it

New Here ,
Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have tried to uninstall flash from my pc and nothing is working. 
I have tried unsing the Flash uninstaller, It tells me the uninstaltion is done and i need to restart my pc. I restart my pc and check  C:\Windows\system32\Macromed\Flash  Where all four Flash files stills exists, I try removing them but i get a Error message saying i Need premission from Trueinstaller to make a change to that file. 

I looked up the forums who tells me I need to update my Pc with the windosw update to fix this so i go to windows  update and update my  pc and restarting in and the files are still there and i still cant remove them. So as instructed i go to windows support, Windows support tells me They cant fix it as its a Adobe Program and i need to go to Adobe's support i go to adobes support and Adobe support tells me That there is no longer a support for Flash and that i need to go to adobe forums, 

So here i am help me i cant get this Malware of a Program of my pc. 
This is my last bet if this dose not work i cannot uninstall it from my pc and i am dead in the water

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 20, 2021 Jan 20, 2021

Adobe's uninstaller does not remove any browser-embedded Flash Player files.

The files that you see are for the IE/Edge embedded version of Flash Player, managed by Microsoft, not Adobe.

For the IE/Edge browser-embedded Flash Player, Microsoft has released an update, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player, to remove the IE/Edge embedded Flash Player ActiveX Control.  If you encounter issues running this update, please contact Microsoft for assi

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe's uninstaller does not remove any browser-embedded Flash Player files.

The files that you see are for the IE/Edge embedded version of Flash Player, managed by Microsoft, not Adobe.

For the IE/Edge browser-embedded Flash Player, Microsoft has released an update, https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player, to remove the IE/Edge embedded Flash Player ActiveX Control.  If you encounter issues running this update, please contact Microsoft for assistance.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have already contacted mincrosoft support they tell me to go here. and your support tells me to go to the  forums. I NEED HELP

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't know why Microsoft support is telling you to contact Adobe regarding files that are included with IE/Edge browser.  Adobe didn't install those files.  Microsoft did, via Windows update, as part of IE/Edge browser, which is why you cannot uninstall/delete them manually.

Please try running the update, if you haven't done so yet.  It should remove the files installed by by Windows, as indicated in the update documentation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have run windows update on my pc. it did fic anything.  my pc is up to date 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did or did not fix?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

it did NOT fix it, Files still remain on my pc and i can still NOT remove them

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please contact Microsoft for assistance with their Update.  Adobe cannot help you with Microsoft's update.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i've already done so. they told me to go here and just shut down the chat 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you reboot your system after running the update to remove Flash Player?  If not, please try that.

If you've rebooted and it didn't remove the files, please contact Microsoft again and tell them you are contacting them about their update, KB4577586, to remove the embedded Flash Player from IE/Edge browsers that was installed by Microsoft not Adobe.

There are non-embedded versions as well that are not removed by their update.  Please be specific in which Flash Player version you are attempting to remove.

Beyond this, there's nothing more I/we on this forum can help you with as it's not Adobe's update you are inquiring about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i dont even know how to check whtich version it is

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which version of what?

Did you run the specific update I linked to (https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player), or just Windows update in general?

If it was Windows update in general, it didn't include the Update I linked to as this is an optional update that Microsoft hasn't included in Windows update yet.

Again, to remove the IE/Edge embedded version of Flash Player, run this update https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4577586/update-for-removal-of-adobe-flash-player.

There's not much more I can provide beyond what I've already provided in this discussion topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ohh i did not know that finually something that helped! so in the catalog the  one higest up yes?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The catalog lists 38 different update files.  You need to download the update specific to your Windows version, in the Products column, and each version has 2 or 3 variants for architecture, as denoted in the file name:

• x86-based system = 32-bit 
  • x64-based system = 64-bit
  • ARM64-based system = ARM

You can find out the Version and architecture in Settings > System > About:

• System type = system architecture
  • Version = the Windows version

For example, the file name "Update for Removal of Adobe Flash Player for Windows 10 Version 2004 for x64-based systems (KB4577586)" is for Windows 10 64-bit Version 2004.  Be sure to download the correct file for your Windows version and architecture, othewise, the update won't work correctly.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i am running. 64-bit operating system, x64-based processor and windows 10 home. so whith version should i get?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You need to obtain the Windows 10 version in Settings > System > About > Version

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

20H2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I got help eventually and now all files are gone from my pc Thanks for the help!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.  Glad the issue has been resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines