• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I use chrome and am on a macbook pro laptop. I have tried to follow uninstall instructions of FP

New Here ,
Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm confused and worried about this being a scam. Either that or it's just too complicated for me. What are the repercussions of ignoring it and not uninstalling FP. OR, is there an easy way to do this more automatically? I don't want to do anything that would change the way things are working as is.

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 05, 2021 Jan 05, 2021

No problem! Better safe than sorry. 

For copies of Flash Player that Adobe distributes directly, you can run our uninstaller.  If there's a copy of Flash on the machine that we installed, we'll remove it.  If you don't have one, nothing happens, and you know that it's gone.  (On Mac, this would typically be Safari / Firefox) 

Uninstall Flash Player - Mac:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

For copies of Flash Player distributed by Google as a built-in

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and the standalone uninstaller doesn't remove the embedded version.

Google will deprecate Flash Player in Chrome 88 release.  See https://www.chromium.org/flash-roadmap for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

No problem! Better safe than sorry. 

For copies of Flash Player that Adobe distributes directly, you can run our uninstaller.  If there's a copy of Flash on the machine that we installed, we'll remove it.  If you don't have one, nothing happens, and you know that it's gone.  (On Mac, this would typically be Safari / Firefox) 

Uninstall Flash Player - Mac:
https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player/kb/uninstall-flash-player-mac-os.html

For copies of Flash Player distributed by Google as a built-in component of Chrome, Google will automatically remove those in a future Chrome update (Chrome 88, per their current published plan).  As long as you're getting automatic Chrome updates (this is the default), you shouldn't need to do anything.  Flash is already off by default, so your risk is minimal.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines