• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I've downloaded flash player but browser still says is not current.

New Here ,
Oct 23, 2017 Oct 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am trying to do an online orientation.  When i click on the interactive video a message comes up saying  "Your Web Browser requires Flash Player 8 or greater to view this e-Learning content."   I have downloaded the latest flash player several times now but it still will not work (on a MAC).  So I tried my Surface Pro..... Won't let me download because Flash Player is already installed on Edge.  Still doesn't work. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For Edge, see Troubleshooting Flash Player on Microsoft Edge and Extending User Control of Flash with Click-to-Run - Microsoft Edge Dev BlogMicrosoft Edge Dev Blog

For Mac you don't indicate which Mac version or browser.  I'm going to assume the latest version with Safari.  If so, please see Enable Adobe Flash Player for Safari .  If it's not Safari, or not the latest version of Mac, provide the Mac version and browser, including version.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes it is Safari.  Yes I already went on to make sure it was turned on.  No it still doesn't work

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 24, 2017 Oct 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Apple made changes to how it handles/loads Flash in the latest version.  In addition to ensuring it's enabled (turned on), you may need to add the specific website to the list of sites to load Flash.  Have you done this?   If so and it's still not working, it's possible the content is not coded to conform to the latest browser click-to-play Flash implementations and I recommend contacting the content provider for assistance.  If the page you are attempting to view is publicly accessible, please post a link to it, or private message it to me.  To send a private message mouse-over my user_name link and then on the 'Message' button link.  For reference, please include a link to this discussion topic.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines