• EspaƱol
      • FranƧais
      • PortuguĆŖs
  • ę—„ęœ¬čŖžć‚³ćƒŸćƒ„ćƒ‹ćƒ†ć‚£
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • ķ•œźµ­ ģ»¤ė®¤ė‹ˆķ‹°
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

I want alternative software for adobe flash player.

Community Beginner ,
Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I want alternative software for adobe flash player.  
Will Adobe Flash software stop working as i have installed on my hard drive??? Websites and games that need adobe flash will it never work again??? Is there any alternative for adobe flash???

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 3 Correct answers

Community Expert , Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Flash Player is EOL - End of Life. It won't get any new updates, let alone security patches. That means your PC can be at risk of getting infected with viruses or malware in the future, should hackers find a way to use any open holes in the software.

It is recommended - even by Adobe themselves - to uninstall the Flash Player as soon as possible:
https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Beginner , Jan 10, 2021 Jan 10, 2021

Thank you so much. I will uninstall it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee , Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

The alternative for Flash Player is for content developers to migrate their content to some other technology as was announced over 3 years ago (https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/).  Some have, some are in the process, and some won't convert their content.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can want it all you like... Flash Player is gone. The websites and games had 3 years to convert to something else, so they abandoned you: they knew this day would come.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it dangerous to have flash player installed???

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player is EOL - End of Life. It won't get any new updates, let alone security patches. That means your PC can be at risk of getting infected with viruses or malware in the future, should hackers find a way to use any open holes in the software.

It is recommended - even by Adobe themselves - to uninstall the Flash Player as soon as possible:
https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you so much. I will uninstall it now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Aamir, what is your business need for Flash? We may be able to suggest what you need to do instead. If you have a Flash based web site, you should have changed it long ago. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The alternative for Flash Player is for content developers to migrate their content to some other technology as was announced over 3 years ago (https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/).  Some have, some are in the process, and some won't convert their content.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for information.

I am thinking about how i will be able to use stuff on internet that needs a flash player.

Do you mean it is up to Adobe or is it up to creator/owner, employees and developers of website(s)

to have something that works like a flash player.????

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST
Do you mean it is up to Adobe or is it up to creator/owner, employees and developers of website(s) to have something that works like a flash player.????

The latter (in other words, not Adobe)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines