IE/Chrome Flash version

New Here ,
Aug 02, 2017 Aug 02, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm in the process of upgrading Flash to 26.0.0.126 (yes also just found that 137 is available). I can see 126 (activex/ppapi/npapi) is installed in Programs & Features. However when I open IE & go to http://get.adobe.com/flashplayer/about/ it does show that 126 is out of date. When I open Chrome & go to the same page, it actually says my flash level is already 137. How is that possible? I haven't installed 137 yet.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 29, 2018 Mar 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome and the embedded version is updated automatically.  Chrome will always load the most recent version, either the embedded version, or the user installed version.

To find out which version Chrome is using:

• launch Chrome
  • navigate to chrome://flash
  • look for the Flash plugin entry:
    • If the path is the the User's AppData directory, then Chrome is using the embedded version
    • If the path is in C:\Windows\... directory, then it's using the user installed version

In your case, it appears Chrome's embedded Flash Player version had already been updated and thus, Chrome was using it, instead of the version you installed manually.

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines