Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE says that I already have Adobe Flash Player, but I do not

Aug 29, 2017 Aug 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I click to install it and it will not install because IE already says I have it.  I need to talk to a real person who can walk me through how to fix this ASAP

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

Are you using Windows 8 and above OS? If so, Flash Player comes pre-installed and all updates are pushed by Microsoft as part of windows updates. Did you check in control panel if Flash Player is installed? Try opening Adobe - Flash Player page in your browser to see if you can view Flash content.

If you are using Windows 10 then follow steps mentioned on Flash Player Issues | Windows 10 | Internet Explorer to enable Flash Player.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

When I click on Adobe - Flash Player, it takes me to install it and then IE takes over and tells me I already have it installed and leads me to Settings>View Advanced Settings>Use Adobe Flash Player (already set to 'On'), which is what it is instructing me to do - turn it on.  It's already 'On'.  It's not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Scot - I've had this same problem today, along with my customer as we were trying to get a project submitted. We both have Windows 10, one Dell laptop, one Surface laptop, and one HP desktop - all the same symptoms. My customer and I tried it on both Chrome and Edge, we followed the troubleshooting to enable flash and as it did for you, said it was already installed and enabled. The application we were trying to use is one we have both used recently with no trouble.

I haven't found anything helpful online on what the problem may be. Will be tuning in here to see if there's something afoot to solve it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Scot - this may help. I just tried Firefox and it opened the flash application that I needed to access that wouldn't open under Edge or Chrome. Can you use Firefox for yours?

I still hope someone can explain - or fix - whatever is broken.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines