Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IE11 crashes with FlashPlayer 27.0.0.x when using a Flex application

New Here ,
Nov 10, 2017 Nov 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

We are using W7 64bits workstation with Flash Player to access a Flex server application. Since we updated our workstation with Flash Player 27, we have Internet Explorer 11 crashes.

When looking at the event log, we can see an event caused by one file belonging to Flash Player.

ScreenShot959.jpg

We tried to update to minor versions of FP (27.0.0.130 => 27.0.0.170 => 27.0.0.180 => 27.0.0.183) but the issue happens still.

We know that this version 27 of Flash Player is the rootcause because when we downgrade the station to FP26, there is
no IE11 crash and the application is working fine.

However, we cannot downgrade our stations to FP26 for security concerns.

Please find attached to this post a DxDiag.txt file to describe our configuration

Do you know about this issue ?  it seems some others peoples reported similar issue, but they have no means to solve it. Do you think a new minor update of FP27 or a new update of FP28 will be released soon and will solve this issue ?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The forums software doesn't allow .txt file attachments (only images and videos).  Please upload the file to cloud.acrobat.com/send (see How to share a document ) or some other file sharing service and post the link to the uploaded file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, this.  A crash dump would be useful.  I'm particularly interested in ones from 27.0.0.180 (not 27.0.0.183), as that means that it's something we haven't fixed yet.

Report a Flash Player crash or error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2017 Nov 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Thanks for your answer, I will try to find you some crashdump and send it to you ASAP.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, I encountered the IE crash occasionally too, anything in v27 wrong?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

In order to tell you anything useful, I need a crash dump or steps to reproduce.

Report a Flash Player crash or error

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 14, 2017 Nov 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

Please find in this link Fichiers partagés - Acrobat.com a dump file about the crash happening in Internet Explorer with Flash Player 27.0.0.180.

The other file is a DxDiag showing you the standard configuration about our workstation.

Please keep me informed if you need further informations or something else.

Many thanks for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  This appears to be distinct from the crashes that I'm tracking.

Based on what I'm looking at, I'm wondering if this is actually representative of the bulk of crashes that you're typically encountering.  If you get the opportunity to capture a few more, I'd be really curious to see if there's a pattern. 

We *did* release a monthly update today.  I'm not sure that it would help in this instance, but it might, and it's going to be more helpful to have data about the latest version.

Is this a consistently reproducible crash?  If so, the most efficient way to fix it would be to just get a link and steps to reproduce.  This will allow us to step through it under a debugger.  Those exercises tend to be very straightforward.

In the meantime, I"ll open a bug internally on this crash.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On further review, it looks like we made additional changes here that may resolve this in the latest build.  I'd recommend upgrading to 27.0.0.187.  If the crash persists, a crash dump from that build would be very helpful.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 15, 2017 Nov 15, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello Jeromiec83223024,

Thanks for your reply.

Yes, we have seen this new release 27.0.0.187 and will try it ASAP, I will keep you informed about the results

Best regards

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 20, 2017 Nov 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

so we have tested this Flash Player version 27.0.0.187, and it is ok, we installed in on 3 workstations, and the problem disappeared

Do you need particular informations ?

Many thanks

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 22, 2017 Nov 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It sounds like your problem is fixed.

If you encounter additional crashes in current versions of Flash Player, definitely feel free to let us know.

Just for convenience, here's a guide on how to give us an actionable crash report:

Report a Flash Player crash or error​

I'm going to mark this thread answered at this point.  It's likely that any new crashes are unrelated, and we'd encourage you to start a new thread, so that we don't spam the participants on this thread, and we can give you the most personalized advice for your scenario.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines