• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I have Flash Player files saved on harddisk, would it be possible to play them after january 12th

New Here ,
Dec 31, 2020 Dec 31, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi everybody !
WHY is there NO e-mail address for contacting Adobe for support ?????
Isn't it so easy ? As an asynchronous communication, e-mail support is the best one for customers AND for Adobe too, without any time loose !

I have a question about Adobe Flash Player - Sorry to ask it here, but no other way found...
I am sure other peoples would be interested by Adobe's answer...

If I have Flash Player files saved on harddisk, would it be possible to play them after january 12th 2021 ????? If yes, how to do ?
Many thanks for your anwser...
Best regards en best wishes for 2021 to all.

MVdd.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Adobe does not provide direct technical support for products that it provides free of charge.  For paid products like Adobe Creative Cloud, there are direct support options available via phone, email and chat.  Adobe provides these user-to-user support forums as a courtesy to users of our free products.  The staff that respond here work on the product, and answer questions on a voluntary basis in our free time.

The short answer to your question is no. 

Please see the consumer Flash Player EO

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moved to the Flash Player forum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes but likely not with adobe. You will need to find an independant stand alone flash player. There are many. Some for mobile too. This is assuming these files need nothing from the internet. If you want a site to continue using flash there are serveral alternatives that are works in progress you can tell them about. I suggest ruffle.rs

Kongregate is using "SuperNova SWF Enabler" to play their on site swf. I hear but have not confirmed that it can also act as an off site player for your saved files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi @BPOST5CD6,

Free Adobe Flash Player is ending regardless.  This has been in the works for 3 years.  Content creators had plenty of time to replace their Flash content with other games and apps that don't require Flash Player. Below is the official announcement.

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If you have yet to find a proper standalone flash player try here. https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html

What you need should be either one that says "projector content debugger" or "projector". I forget which.

With that you should be able to play your swf files just fine indefinitely unless adobe tossed in a kill switch I dont know about.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe provide support to their paying customers. But Flash Player is free, there is no support. Even before end of life. Adobe have tried their best to stop your saved files playing, but it might work if your stuff is out of date enough.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe does not provide direct technical support for products that it provides free of charge.  For paid products like Adobe Creative Cloud, there are direct support options available via phone, email and chat.  Adobe provides these user-to-user support forums as a courtesy to users of our free products.  The staff that respond here work on the product, and answer questions on a voluntary basis in our free time.

The short answer to your question is no. 

Please see the consumer Flash Player EOL FAQ for more information: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jan 04, 2021 Jan 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

@BPOST5CD6  I went and tested it. The Adobe Flash Player, the one found here with the word projector in its name https://www.adobe.com/support/flashplayer/debug_downloads.html  has no timbomb that I have noticed. I moved the clock foward five years. With it you should be able to play your saved swfs as much as you want. Even without it there alternative players for swf.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines