• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

If I have NPAPI do I need PPAPI?

New Here ,
Aug 04, 2020 Aug 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I have NPAPI do I need PPAPI? If yes please explain the how to get past the accept terms and conditions.

I've been going in circles trying to accept them.  Please note I need to have very detailed instructions. 

I'm using Safari High Sierra version 10.13.6

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Flash Player NPAPI and PPAPI plugins are 2 different plugins for 2 different browsers

NPAPI is for Firefox (and Firefox variants)

PPAPI is for Chromium-based browsers

If you're only Chromium-based browser is Chrome there is no need to install Flash Player PPAPI separately as Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome, but disables it by default.  See Google's support document https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784? for assistance with enabling Flash in Chrome.

I'm not sure what you mea

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player NPAPI and PPAPI plugins are 2 different plugins for 2 different browsers

NPAPI is for Firefox (and Firefox variants)

PPAPI is for Chromium-based browsers

If you're only Chromium-based browser is Chrome there is no need to install Flash Player PPAPI separately as Google embeds Flash Player in Chrome, but disables it by default.  See Google's support document https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/6258784? for assistance with enabling Flash in Chrome.

I'm not sure what you mean by:

If yes please explain the how to get past the accept terms and conditions.
I've been going in circles trying to accept them.

The terms and conditions are on the Flash Player download page, so by clicking 'Download now' you're accepting the terms and conditions.  Once the installer file is downloaded, locate it on your system (default location will be the Downloads directory).  Locate the file, double-click it to launch the installer and follow on-screen prompts to proceed with installation.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 05, 2020 Aug 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I solved the problem, or more correctly the problem solved it self.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 12, 2020 Aug 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

everything is fine.  The issue has beed delt with. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines