• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

if i uninstall flash will the standalone player still work for .sfw files i have downloaded?

New Here ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

if i uninstall flash will the standalone player still work for .sfw files i have downloaded?

i have a lot of old flash games that i will miss a lot if i cant use flash player. will the flashplayer_32_sa or the flashplayer_32_sa_debug player allow me to continue to play those game if i uninstall the flash player?

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

I'm pretty sure this is the case (WRT enforcing the AllowList/timebomb stuff), but the suitability of the standalone player also really depends on how the game was built.  The other thing to note is that it will probably break at some point in the future.  A lot of the work we did was about "sustaining engineering" -- keeping up with the latest operating system and browser changes, making sure Flash conforms to forward-looking standards (or at least doesn't actively undermine them).  None of tha

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 04, 2021 Feb 04, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I'm pretty sure this is the case (WRT enforcing the AllowList/timebomb stuff), but the suitability of the standalone player also really depends on how the game was built.  The other thing to note is that it will probably break at some point in the future.  A lot of the work we did was about "sustaining engineering" -- keeping up with the latest operating system and browser changes, making sure Flash conforms to forward-looking standards (or at least doesn't actively undermine them).  None of that work is happening moving forward.

There's some other archival efforts going on for Flash games specifically.  The folks over at archive.org in conjunction with Ruffle.js are doing some interesting stuff on that front.  There are a bunch of threads over the last month or two that cover a bunch of different efforts.  I can't vouch for them, but there's a pretty active preservation community out there that might be a better alternative. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines