Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Imac ios 10.5.8 Flashplayer Download

Jul 22, 2017 Jul 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can somebody help me? I have an imac running on ios 10.5.8 and cannot find the correct Flash Player version to download and work with it.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 23, 2017 Jul 23, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

For supported platforms, please refer to Tech specs | Adobe Flash Player page. If you still need the latest version of Flash Player, you can get it from Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 24, 2017 Jul 24, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OS X 10.5.8 is no longer supported by Flash Player.  The last supported version was 10.3.183.90, released on July 9, 2013.  While the installer files are posted on the Archived Adobe Flash Player versions page, it is absolutely not recommended to install this version as it's missing 2 years of security fixes for vulnerabilites that are/were actively being exploited.  You're best bet is to update to a modern supported OS version (see Tech specs | Adobe Flash Player​).  If your 10.5.8 system is Intel-based, you may (depending on you system's hardware) be able to upgrade to OS X 10.6.8. See system update 10.5.8 to 10.6 |Official Apple Support Communities  for more information.  While Flash Player no longer supports OS X 10.6.8 (we no longer develop for it, nor test Flash Player on it), installation is not blocked.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Aug 10, 2017 Aug 10, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi,

Good to hear Mac osx 10.6.8 is not getting the boot because I am locked at that version for now. The horror other users experience with Chrome browser & Flash Player is regrettable and it is on Google. I have Chrome browser Version 49.0.2623.112 (64-bit), Flash Player -  NPAPI plug-in Version 26.0.0.137, PPAPI Version 21.0.0.213 (default chrome version. I did have Flash Player PPAPI 24.0.0.x but Google doing what it does reloaded default when I was not looking). At the moment I have no crashes streaming on Netflix, Amazon, Xfinity live and on-demand, and Youtube / Livestream / Ustream; other video sites in queue for check.

I have bumped off a few Xfinity site redesign issues:  login bug = they fixed, adding device = they fixed Adobe DRM loop forever. Sometimes I'll see playback struggle in Full Screen, which is what a  streams do. I have no trouble patching internal Pepper location with newer version, however, it is a temporary solution.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines