• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IncrediMail NEEDS Flash

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myself and MANY thousands of othere use this program. It is an older program and no longer supported but still fully functional ....until today. I understand you blocking web content using Flash Player but what is the issue with using Flash for an e-mail program?  Personal e-mail is likely not on your list of priorities but some people are having business problems due to your ill-advised decision. You MAY want to reconsider exactly what programs may or may not use Flash.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Thanks for your feedback.

Here's the original EOL announcement from 2017: 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

It links off to the roadmaps for all of the major browser vendors, each of which is removing support for browser plug-ins entirely around the same time.  Even if Flash Player was still around, you'll be hard-pressed to find a current browser that supports it over the coming months.

Here's the consumer FAQ: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Explorer ,
Mar 12, 2021 Mar 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

...Do you think this is an answer to O.P.'s question?  Why did you say "Thank you for your feedback?"  It wasn't feedback, it was a question.  I have a question of my own -- sisnce your company has COMPLETELY screwed over O.P., what are you going to do to mediate this customer service issue?  You could try to make things right with O.P. personally.  Or, better yet, you could fix the problem rather than the symptom -- just bring back Flash Player.  Clearly you made a mistake by taking it away.  Clearly you spent two decades encouraging it's integration into every corner of the internet and therefore ceratin corners of the internet will not function if you do not do your due dilligence and just fix whatever problems you were having that lead you to discontinue it.  Just reintroduce Flash and ALL of these problems that you guys seem so bothered by will be fixed.  Instead of refusing to answer people's questions and just telling everybody "tough luck," maybe just admit you made a mistake and bring back Flash Player.  It's okay to admit you were wrong and move forward.  Everybody makes mistakes.  The important thing is what we do when we realize we've made a mistake.  Please fix your mistake.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 02, 2021 Mar 02, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

IncrediMail users are now facing issues in opening Incredimail emails due to EOL of Flash Player. If you want to save your emails from Incredimail to be used in other free email clients like Thunderbird then this blog will help you https://forensicator.medium.com/incredimail-flash-player-problem-incredimail-not-working-d587675c3c3...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The SysTools Incredimail Converter is $29.95, so $10 cheaper, and it found all of my files, as well as all of my folders, which contained all of my messages. And I was amazed how quickly it did it. This software is a lifesaver!

You can find it here: 

https://www.systoolsgroup.com/incredimail/eml/

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, hit the wrong button for the link lol

https://www.systoolsgroup.com/incredimail/eml/ 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 06, 2021 Mar 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i managed to install flash player and still incredimail wont open. i have 2 other desktops using the same version of incredimal still, having no issues at all there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do your other two desktops also have Windows 10 on them? If not, that could be why it's still working on them. Check out the last reply I made to the comment above, and you'll see a link where you can get all of your emails and folders, so you can use them in another email program. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Incredimail needs Flash

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That's correct. If you follow the comments, you'll find solutions to the problem. Incredimail isn't going to work any longer, if you have a Windows 10 pc. But you can retrieve all of your folders structure, as well as your emails. Then you can use them in another email program.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Actually, IncrediMail DOES still work. Only the notifiers and the clock in
the upper right hand corner don't work. Everything else is functioning as
usual. Some people are having trouble with t but I'm stilll ALMOST fully
functional.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

For the moment its working for you....mine was too with that odd FB logo where the clock should be. But I just had a WIN10 update about 1/2hr ago and guess what, voila no more Incredimail without Flash. I recommend delaying the update so you can take measures to save your info.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did the update about an hour ago and IncrediMail is still working. The
logo up in the corner and which appears instead of the notifier isn't a FB
logo. It's a Flash logo to indicate that the element that would normally be
there is disabled because Flash is gone.

I uninstalled Flash back in January. Perhaps if you do that, it might help
bring the progtram up. Also make sure it's completely closed by checking in
Tasl Manager. Some people had it hang and had to close it via TM before it
would open again.

All I can say is that I'm still up and running and can use Letter Creator
as well (I', a stat creator)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the updates uninstall the program on it's own. I didn't delete anything, and it's no longer in my program files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The software I mentioned above is very fast and locates everything for you - and no I'm not an affiliate, just a very happy customer lol

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah it worked for me for a while after as well, but the updates killed it. You'll see. Believe me, no one wanted it to still work more than I did. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The updates kill Flash. They don’t kill Incredimail and only a couple of
parts of IncredMail use Flash. There’s a reason why the majority of
IncrediMail users still have it running. We’ve formed a community of sorts
and helped each other. The Incredissimo patch has helped a lot of people.
If you don’t want to try it, that’s your prerogative but just the updates
have not killed the program for many and saying “you’ll see” won’t make it
happen

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I know updates didn't kill incredimail. The updates killed flash, and which made Incredimail stop working. And no, I'm not going to use a patch on my computer with God knows what viruses or malware will be installed with it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When I read this thread I find it as always very interesting, how hard people try to find someone to blame for their own faults.  Incredimail is dead for over a year and if it's not flash which breaks it today, it  will be net/c++/microsoft or an RFC changing a mail protocol tomorrow.

It is a program you shoudn't have used in the first place as it was always been bloated with adware and regarded as a security risk by many people.

If someone has "business problems" today because of this, you have ignored warnings for years and obviously never consulted an IT professionel for a long time to protect your buisness (who should have told you long time ago to get a buisness ready Email-client. It's for more than 10 years I do this for all of our clients and I systematically uninstall this software)

It's gone live with it.

We know for 3 or 4 years that flash player will be removed at the end of 2020 and it's really ignorant to complain when it's too late and ask a company to keep a dead product alive to support a niche-product. (which company ever this may be)

So again - it's gone live with it.

But there is good news to get you old emails into a proper Email client like Thunderbird/Win10Mail/Outlook etc and it's for free

You need to have a java runtime on your computer (Windows or Linux - Mac should work)

Get this from github : https://github.com/revaultch/incredimail-converter-cmdline

It's a command line converter which needs to be run in cmd ( in a shell)

You don't need to build it, there is a *.zip file with 2 scripts .

run in a cmd window: incredimail-converter-cmdline.bat source destination

You need to find you IM profile which is supposed to be in :

C:\Users\youruser\AppData\Local\IM\Identities\{05DBA726-923D-4BC2-B6EE-812D777F3604}\Message Store

Maybe the {05DBA726-923D-4BC2-B6EE-812D777F3604} part is different for you .

Best is to copy this folder "Message store" to you Desktop to avoid typing a long path.

The tool will convert all Mails to *.eml - which is a extension you can open in Thunderbird or others.

Two more hints:

1.) The IM *.imm files are mostly text files you can simply rename to *.eml.

2.) The Adressbook is a *.db3 file which is Sqllite3 and should open in every free Sqllite Program. (Maybe even in OpenOffice)

In Linux you have https://sqlitebrowser.org/ which can export the contacts to *.csv

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Most people who use(d) Incredimail were NOT business owners. When Incredimail shut down their operation, the program was still working fine. To assume that everyone knew about Flash going away, and that it was going to kill Incredimail, is an incorrect assumption. There is no need for you to act so superior, just because it is your job to know these things. 

Does the solution you mentioned keep the hierarchy of folders as well? The program I used does all of that, as well as save your address book.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 28, 2021 Mar 28, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

1. Adobe announced the Flash Player End of Life in July 2017 which gave developers, programmers and IT experts plenty of time to find alternative solutions.

2. Adobe does not make or have interests in IncrediMail.  That's a different topic for a different space.

https://www.nucleustechnologies.com/blog/incredimail-is-shutting-down-what-next/

3. This discussion is locked.

Nancy O'Shea— Product User, Community Expert & Moderator
Alt-Web Design & Publishing ~ Web : Print : Graphics : Media

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines