• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

IncrediMail NEEDS Flash

Community Beginner ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Myself and MANY thousands of othere use this program. It is an older program and no longer supported but still fully functional ....until today. I understand you blocking web content using Flash Player but what is the issue with using Flash for an e-mail program?  Personal e-mail is likely not on your list of priorities but some people are having business problems due to your ill-advised decision. You MAY want to reconsider exactly what programs may or may not use Flash.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Thanks for your feedback.

Here's the original EOL announcement from 2017: 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

It links off to the roadmaps for all of the major browser vendors, each of which is removing support for browser plug-ins entirely around the same time.  Even if Flash Player was still around, you'll be hard-pressed to find a current browser that supports it over the coming months.

Here's the consumer FAQ: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 12, 2021 Jan 12, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for your feedback.

Here's the original EOL announcement from 2017: 

https://theblog.adobe.com/adobe-flash-update/

It links off to the roadmaps for all of the major browser vendors, each of which is removing support for browser plug-ins entirely around the same time.  Even if Flash Player was still around, you'll be hard-pressed to find a current browser that supports it over the coming months.

Here's the consumer FAQ: 

https://www.adobe.com/products/flashplayer/end-of-life.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 21, 2021 Feb 21, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You didn't answer the question correctly. Incredimail is NOT a browser. It is a standalone email software. And she's absolutely right, the software cannot run without Flash! Now I cannot load my email program where I have thousands of emails that I need to get to. Incredimail isn't supported by the company any longer, but was still working fine until today. Windows 10 won't allow enabling Flash, so I am basically without the ability to use Incredimail. There MUST be a way to allow Flash to run. I need to get to my emails that are in folders in the software. This is outrageous!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Some apps used the Flash browser plug-in. If so, they are gone.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

By the way, you've really been on borrowed time almost a year. https://www.incredimail.com/ says, in part (my emphasis): 

As of March 20, 2020, we will shut down our servers and the IncrediMail desktop application will no longer be available.

What should you expect?
Sending, receiving and VIEWING your emails, contacts and attachments will NOT BE AVAILABLE through IncrediMail. In SOME CASES, you will still be able to use those functionalities, but they would be SUBSTANIALLY LESS RELIABLE and incredimail would not be able to provide any level of customer service or support. ...

We STRONGLY SUGGEST your email provider and making sure all your data is backed up.

Your luck ran out, but if you lost anything I don't think I'd blame the EOL of Flash for it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Feb 25, 2021 Feb 25, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The program was still working fine, after they shut the servers down, so why would someone get rid of it? The only reason it stopped working now is because of Flash. I don't know why they'd say those things wouldn't be available through Incredimail, as it is all saved on your harddrive under your identity.

I purchased SysTools Incredimail Converter and it found the files and folders and converted them to Outlook for me. It's working fine now.

So if anyone wants a software to get all your stuff back, so you can use it in another software, just go and find that software - it was only $29.95 for a personal license, so well worth it.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 14, 2021 Mar 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How did you access your incredimail files with this program?  Did incredimail just open and start working  after your purchase?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 15, 2021 Mar 15, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There was no real purchase on my part

[Email signature removed by moderator]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure who your question was meant for, but no, it doesn't make Incredimail work. It finds all of your files and folders and converts them, so you can use them in another mail software, such as Outlook, Thunderbird or Mailbird.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joanne- thank you for replying. Do you know if there’s a video or
directions somewhere that tell you how to do it? I looked at the “demo” and
it’s not clear how it works. I know just enough to be dangerous, and I
really want/need to recover my files if possible. --
Holly

[Email signature removed again. Please consider using the web forum instead of email.]

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's really easy. You just install the program, and then you click Add File in the upper left corner. A small box will open up. Make sure the circle next to "identies" is checked and click Load. It should find the folder on it's own. Then, still in the little window, choose where you want to save the file it creates with all your folders and messages and click Add.

Whatever format you save it as depends what software you will be using for your emails. For Outlook, they need to be saved in .pst file, and I believe for Thunderbird or Mailbird you choose .eml format. The left panel will show all of your folders that were converted.  Then you just open the email software and import what you converted 😄

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did exactly that and the problem was fixed

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 16, 2021 Mar 16, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What did you do exactly, and what was fixed?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Mar 17, 2021 Mar 17, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Joanne, your step  by step informaton  on how to use the program to convert my files   was very helpful, but I ran into a problem.  I googled it and couldn't find an answer ( other than to purchase another program,) so I'm hoping you can help me again.  I  went through the steps you listed and clicked to save as .pst files for outlook, but no matter what I try, they still save  as .csv files and I can't get them to convert, therefore, I can't get them into outlook. (Oh so frustrating- I miss incredimail.)  I don't want to have to buy another program to fix this because I really don't like downloading programs on my computer.  Any suggestions?   I even tried to save my address book file as a PDF, and it still saved as a .csv.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, the .CSV to be saved is only a file that holds all of the conversion information that the program just made. It's just a backup for you. The .pst file will still be saved wherever you told the program to save it. So, when you want to import all of your folders and messages, all you do is click on File in the upper left corner, then in the left border, click on "Open & Export". Now click on the box that says  Open Outlook data file. You tell it where to find that file, and it will import it for you. Hope this explains it for you 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You have been very helpful. for some reason, it didn't transfer all of
my folders. I can't figure out why it transferred some and not all, and
my contacts did not transfer either. That's what I was really concerned
about. I think I might have to refer to the geek squad.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could it be that you have more than one identity in Incredimail? Did you buy the software, or just downloaded the trial? If you have a lot of folders and emails, etc. you will have to purchase the license. I believe it only allows 25 files in the trial.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I purchased the license and I even contact tech support.  They referred me to a video that wasn't all that helpful.  I'm going to keep playing with it.  

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well heck! Did you check to see if you have more than one identity in Incredimail? So in the converter, is it showing your folders in the left of the screen? Did you go through them to see if they are all showing up there, or if maybe it's Outlook that isn't importing them properly? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded Flash Player Pro 6 from TechSpot ... restarted ... and my Incredimail opened.

it has a 15 day trial.  It will be $49.95 after the trial.

So, gives you two weeks to access your email, or maybe to try to keep Incredimail.  Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sadly, if you paid for this or gave them a card number, there's a good chance that you got ripped off.  It sounds like they're an unauthorized distributor for a product that -- at best -- they're pirating and charging you for.  Given that they're shady out of the gate, I'd be concerned about what else might show up on your credit card statement. 

I'd strongly recommend contacting your bank, disputing the charge and getting a new card number.  You might also want to upload that installer to virustotal.net to see what the major virus scanning engines think about the payload you just installed.  There's a reasonable chance that you may have also compromised your computer in the process.

We've forwarded this to our internal fraud team to follow up with the distributor.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that's a good idea, because the link to the so called "developer" of the software just goes to a blank page.

You might also want to check this out - not sure if it's the actual program you downloaded, but they're calling it a virus.

https://communityhttps://community.norton.com/en/forums/flash-player-pro-virus-or-program.norton.com... 

Good luck!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 27, 2021 Mar 27, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, It worked thanks for sharing. I really cound not live without Incredimail. I finally could open it after 3 month. I had lost my confidence without Incredimail. ;). again thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I agree. If it was a browser, or some other Internet-exposed software, I could understand.  But Incredimail is a client-side Email program accessing files already downloaded to the computer.   I have many clients still using this program, and they are now stranded with no way to reference or read years of emails stored or archived in the proprietary Incredimail format on their machines.  They(I) will now have to go through the laborous process of using one of the converter programs listed here to extract all of the data and attachments to a transportable format.

Adobe should maintain backward compatibility for this product. 😞

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 11, 2021 Mar 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This software will find all of the emails and keep the folder hierarchy as well. I was surprised that it didn't take long to grab them all either!

Go here:  https://www.systoolsgroup.com/incredimail/eml/ 

It will make it much easier to get your clients' back on track.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines