• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install Adobe Flash Player 27 using Windows 7 Group Policy (100% Working Method)

Sep 19, 2017 Sep 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I couldn't find any answers to this problem on the web so I am making this quick tutorial so others can get it working quicker than I did.

The current versions of Flash Installers have a built in Admin User check that doesn't allow the MSI installer to with GPO work during login.

It logs the event log error "+GPO Product: Adobe Flash Player 27 ActiveX -- You must have administrative privileges to install Flash Player 27. Please log on with administrative privileges and try again."

First if you don't have the MSI downloaded, you will want to register with Adobe to distribute flash as an MSI and they will give you the download links. (They will email you back with the links usually the same day you register)

Download the version you want to install, both of these work great using my method.

install_flash_player_27_active_x.msi

install_flash_player_27_active_x.msi

Next you will need to create a modification (MST) to ignore that Admin User check. The easiest way to do this is by installing ORCA MSI Editor that comes along with the Microsoft Software Development Kit. I installed the Microsoft Software Development Kit for Windows 7.

I also had to manually install orca from here: "C:\Program Files\Microsoft SDKs\Windows\v7.0\Bin\Orca.Msi"

Adobe Flash0.JPG

Run the ORCA program and open the MSI file.  Select Transform from the menu, then New Transform. 

Browse to LaunchConditions, and right click AdminUser, and right click and select Drop Row.

Adobe Flash1.JPG

Next browse to Property and change AgreeToLicense from NO to YES.

Adobe Flash2.JPG

Next, Select Transform from the menu, and choose Generate Transform, and save that file to the same location as the MSI files.

Installed the MSI using the GPO USER Configuration. Right click on the Software Installation and make sure to change the New Package option to Advanced before adding the package.

Adobe Flash3.JPG

Add the package and then also add the modification file you created.

Adobe Flash4.JPG

Make sure to set the Deployment type to Assigned and check the Install this application at Logon.

Adobe Flash5.JPG

That’s it Flash installs perfect for our non admin users. I hope that helps some other people out.
Matt Hessler @mattjhessler

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Flash Player has always required Admin permissions to install.  It's not something new in "current versions", and certainly not new in FP27.  I don't recall this issue being reported before.  I checked with a few folks internally and they don't either.  Is it possible your GPO system is misconfigured?  Performing an internet search for "gpo elevated privileges" returns many hits, oen being https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/ms813108.aspx​

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are correct it does require Admin Permissions. However, Group Policy Installs always have Admin Permissions.  The Issue is the MSI internal Launch Condition falsely thinks it does not have Admin Permissions.  GPO Installs have had issues with this since Version 11 or something like that.   Removing the "AdminUser" check solves this problem and allows it to install with Group Policy just like other MSI files do. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 22, 2017 Sep 22, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi matthjhessler

Can you please file a bug at https://tracker.adobe.com for this issue?  Please post the link to the bug (or the bug number) after you have filed it.

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Sep 29, 2017 Sep 29, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Here is the Bug Tracker Number​ FP-4198618

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines