Install Error

New Here ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

• When attempting to open the install package, I get this error message: 

There is no application set to open the document “install_flash_player_osx.dmg.mdlp”.

What application do I need?

Views

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 09, 2020 Jun 09, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Please delete the file and try downloading the installer again.  If the issue persists, try the following:

1. Rename the file so it ends with .dmg only.
  2. Use "Get info" on the file from Finder.
  3. Change the "open with" to diskimagemounter.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2020 Jun 12, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh wow, blast from the past.  This sounds like that thing a few years ago where having matlab installed caused Safari to append .mdlp to the end of filenames. 

https://superuser.com/questions/488337/why-is-adobe-flash-player-downloaded-as-a-dmg-mdlp-file

Anyway, most likely a Safari issue and not a problem with Adobe's website.  If the matlab/Safari combination rings true, that thread is probably useful.  If not, another browser would probably get the job done, but there's an underlying Safari problem that will still need to be sorted out.  I'm happy to try to figure it out (it's weird, so I'm curious), but Apple is really best equipped to handle that.

translate

Translate

Translate

Community Guidelines
community guidelines