• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Install files won't do anything

Community Beginner ,
Jun 11, 2017 Jun 11, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I downloaded the direct install files from the website.  The furthest I have gotten is getting a request for approval to start the install, but the installer never came up.  I don't currently have flash player for any browser installed, and I'd like to be able to view videos smoothly.  Using Vista SP2.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

I think those may be the ones I've downloaded, though each of them starts "install_" etc.  I don't get the Allow/Cancel dialogue, only the Windows confirmation dialogue.  I'm going to try the approach you've given me, though, and see if I get anything different.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 12, 2017 Jun 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

If you're on Windows Vista and the installer doesn't launch at all you're system most likely doesn't support sha256 digital certificates.  Depending on your system you may be able to install an update for it to support digital signatures.  See the Microsoft Support document https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/2763674/you-cannot-run-an-application-that-is-signed-with-a... for assistance.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 20, 2017 Jun 20, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks.  That link brought up an updater, but all it did is cycle - never pulled in any updates.  Would it be possible to find the actual file itself for SHA 256 certificate correction?  That would help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To confirm, are you saying the Microsoft update never installs?

For the offline installer not getting past your 'permission', I'd like to review the installation log file(s).  The FlashInstall log file is saved at the following location:

• 32-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash
  • 64-bit OS: C:\Windows\System32\Macromed\Flash AND C:\Windows\SysWOW64\Macromed\Flash (both files are required from a 64-bit OS)

Depending on the Flash Player version you are trying to install the file name will be FlashInstall.log or FlashInstall32.log and FlashInstall64.log.

Upload all FlashInstall log files to cloud.acrobat.com/send using the instructions at How to share a document and post the link to the uploaded file(s) in your reply

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I do not have FlashInstall log files in either location, and yes, I'm saying Microsoft Update, as well as the Standalone Microsoft Updater found at the link you provided, don't do anything more when searching for updates than sit there cycling - they have stopped installing updates at all.  I downloaded all three flash installer files from the link to directly download them (as well as the ones from the main install process using all three browsers), and the ones from the browser (flashplayer26.pp_ha_install, etc.).  The ones from the FAQ page (install_flash_player.exe, install_flash_player_ax.exe, and install_flash_player_ppapi.exe) all ask for confirmation, then do nothing, where the "flashplayer26.(etc)" ones don't even do that much.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What Windows Vista edition (e.g. Basic, Home Basic, Home Premium, Business, Enterprise) do you have?  Go to Control Panel\System and Maintenance\System to obtain the information

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ultimate 64 bit SP2

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.  I'm obtaining a 64-bit Ultimate SP2 VM to attempt to reproduce, however, this is most likely going to be sha256 digital certificate issue, which SP2 is supposed to support.  I most likely will not have an update until tomorrow.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 21, 2017 Jun 21, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a fresh install of Windows Vista Ultimate x64 SP2.

• The online installer doesn't launch at all, due to the sha256 digital signature (I have not installed the patch that would fix this).
  • For the offline installer:
    1. I double-click the installer file
    2. The 'User Access Control' window displays, stating the file is not signed
      • this is due to an update to the digital signature, which is not supported on Vista sp2, but can be ignored by the user.
    3. I click 'Allow' in the 'User Access Control' dialog window
      Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 10.30.40 AM.jpg
    4. The Installer dialog window displays:
      Screen Shot 2017-06-21 at 10.32.24 AM.jpg

When you say "The furthest I have gotten is getting a request for approval to start the install" are you referring to the UAC dialog in step 3, or something else?

Can you check to see if the previous version, 25.0.0.171, installs?  Previous versions are posted to the Archived Adobe Flash Player versions page.  Scroll down to the 'Flash Player Archives' section.  Download the 25.0.0.171 zip package.  Extract the package and navigate into the 25_0_r0_171 directory. The file names are as follows:

• flashplayer25_0r0_171_win.exe = NPAPI plugin for Firefox
  • flashplayer25_0r0_171_winax.exe = ActiveX Control for IE
  • flashplayer25_0r0_171_winpep.exe = PPAPI plugin for Opera and Chromium-based browsers

Thank you.

--

Maria

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think those may be the ones I've downloaded, though each of them starts "install_" etc.  I don't get the Allow/Cancel dialogue, only the Windows confirmation dialogue.  I'm going to try the approach you've given me, though, and see if I get anything different.  Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Which windows confirmation dialog?  Please post a screenshot

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks - that option got it done!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

You're welcome.  

If you opted into Background Updates (update option = Allow Adobe to install updates, recommended) it should update to the latest version, 26.0.0.131 within the next day or so, assuming a consistent active internet connection.  This would actually be a better option for you since the online installer doesn't work, to ensure Flash Player is updated with the latest, most secure version, after each release (usually the 2nd Tuesday of the month).

If you didn't opt into Background Updates and want to, go to Control Panel > Additional Options > View 32-bit Control Panel Items > Flash Player > Updates tab.  Click 'Change Update Settings' button, click 'Allow' in the User Access Control dialog, and then select the radio button next to 'Allow Adobe to install updates (recommended)'

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Downloading now.  Looks like it's different, so maybe it will do the trick.  I'll post if it doesn't.  Either way, thanks for all your help to this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 19, 2017 Jun 19, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

The issue with the online installer is fixed now. You may now use the online installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer for installing latest version of Flash Player on Windows XP/Vista platforms.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, Divya, my install files (the ones directly linked toward the bottom of the FAQ page) still aren't going past getting my permission, which is still more than the normal download file does.  That file doesn't even start.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines