Exit

Install Flash on Ubuntu 18.04 32bit

Advisor ,
Nov 13, 2018 Nov 13, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

At the flash download page I get

bionic partner channel not found when I click on download button

also is there any flash plugin debugger 32 bit ppapi?

thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Employee , Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Hi Robert,

Could you please share the link from where you are trying to download Flash Player. You can get the latest .tar.gz files from Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions  page.

32 bit PPAPI Flash Player content debuggers are not available. You can get other debuggers for Ubuntu from Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2018 Nov 14, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

Could you please share the link from where you are trying to download Flash Player. You can get the latest .tar.gz files from Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions  page.

32 bit PPAPI Flash Player content debuggers are not available. You can get other debuggers for Ubuntu from Adobe Flash Player - Debug Downloads page.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

yes it's the usual link Adobe Flash Player Install for all versions  but happens only with Chromimum

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Robert,

I tried downloading the 32 bit PPAPI tar.gz. It is getting downloaded. Could you share from which region you are trying to download.

Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Advisor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

for now I'm in Switzerland, but now the tar.gz works,

but there is no apt package in the list sadly like the NPAPI page.

I also could install both NPAPI and PPAPI by activating canonical partners apt channel then do

sudo apt install adobe-flashplugin

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

"but there is no apt package in the list sadly like the NPAPI page."

Canonical packages both NPAPI & PPAPI into one package for Ubuntu: adobe-flashplugin

To install from terminal (preferred method for Linux packages): sudo apt install adobe-flashplugin

This gives you both NPAPI & PPAPI plugins.  On my test Ubuntu 18.04 LTS VM, it installs the following:

• NPAPI: /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libflashplayer.so
  • PPAPI: /usr/lib/adobe-flashplugin/libpepflashplayer.so

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines