• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installation problems with Flashplayer

New Here ,
Jan 21, 2020 Jan 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a Macbook 10.13.6.  I have been unable to open PDF portfolios that I created a year ago. It keeps telling me to download flashplayer.  I go to the Adobe site, I download and install yet there is nothing.  Nothing happens and I still can't open the flashplayer.  Yet during the downloads there are no problems.  However I can't seem to find the flashplayer on the computer.  It is all very strange and I have to access my portfolios yet they will not open without the flashplayer.  Please anyone can insist. I am trying to open with Safari.  Thank you please for any help you can give me...

TOPICS
Browser , How to , Product issue

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Acrobat requires Flash Player NPAPI plugin (for Firefox/Safari).   To download the appropriate plugin go to https://helpx.adobe.com/acrobat/using/flash-player-needed-acrobat-reader.html

However I can't seem to find the flashplayer on the computer.

Flash Player is  browser plugin and is only utilized by browsers and other apps, such as Acrobat, that require it.  Since it's a browser plugin, it's saved to the Plug-ins directory, not Applications directory.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Maria,  I went to that exact website to download the flashplayer.  I download it and it seems to be in the internet plugin folder however still when I try to open my PDF folders from a year ago they come up black and  none of the content or paintings are in the PDF?  I don't know what to do next?  I am really stuck...:((

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If Flash Player installed without error, it installed correctly.  To double-check that the correct NPAPI plugin is installed, go toSystem Preferences > Flash Player > Updates tab.  If you see NPAPI with a version listed, it's installed.

when I try to open my PDF folders from a year ago they come up black and none of the content or paintings are in the PDF?

This sounds like an issue with the PDF itself and not Flash Player. I recommen posting to the Acrobat commuty for your product (Acrobat or Reader) for further assistance with viewing PDF files that have Flash content:

Acrobat:  https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat

Reader: https://community.adobe.com/t5/acrobat-reader/bd-p/acrobat-reader

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines