• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installed Flash still getting interrupted with out of date message Safari Mac

New Here ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The "Your Flash Player is out of date" interrupted web site on Safari I was using. Went to adobe.com and installed latest version. Now I am still getting the message which I can not get to go away. Scanned with Malwarebytes but it found nothing. Any help getting rid of this would be appreciated.

TOPICS
Browser , Error , Product issue , Update

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Feb 26, 2020 Feb 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If the site is trying to infect you, it will keep trying, even if you update. (you did the right thing to go to Adobe.com)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 28, 2020 Feb 28, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Most browsers are blocking Flash content by default.  Most websites that require Flash have JavaScript on the page that attempts to detect Flash Player.  In olden days of yore, if Flash Player wasn't present at page load, that was because the person visiting your site didn't have Flash installed, so you'd tell them that they needed to update or install Flash. 

In 2020, it's far more likely that the person is running a browser that blocks Flash from loading, but since nobody has updated that website since 2009, it's providing you with vintage advice on how to fix the problem.

In reality, you probably need to enable Flash in your browser: 

https://helpx.adobe.com/flash-player.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines