• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Installer Runs Too Quickly

Community Beginner ,
Sep 12, 2018 Sep 12, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Maybe this is a disguised blessing since there are so many posts about this version I detected today.  This is my business since this is my computer; but I want to move the installer before I update my Flash Player.  I want to move it to a subfolder before I begin installing.  Usually it is less of a problem than now.  Why do you design your installers with such a problem?  I have other things to do today beside fool with this garbage.  You make too much of a task out of moving your installer with a right click of the mouse, which this time it is too much of a problem to do without causing it to run prematurely.  Please cut this out!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are numerous installer files. Which one, specifically, are you referring to?

What do you mean by 'I want to move the installer before I update Flash Player'?  You can move the downloaded installer file before you execute it.

You make too much of a task out of moving your installer with a right click of the mouse, which this time it is too much of a problem to do without causing it to run prematurely.

Again, not sure what you mean by this.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You are making this forum just as much of a waste of time as the process of updating Flash.  "You can move the downloaded installer file before you execute it."  If that were true then I would not have started this thread.  "There are numerous installer files. Which one, specifically, are you referring to?"  This is a Flash forum site, isn't it?  Now, by having to reexplain myself, you made my first post of waste of time.  I cannot attempt to move the installer file without it executing.  It never moves to the subfolder where I want it.  Despite the current problems that people that already posted have with this installer, this is an ongoing problem with all Flash Player installers, although this time around it is especially bad to the point where I let the process go.  Don't give me this garbage that I can move the installer where I want it.  It is late in the same day I detected the update; and I do not have it installed yet.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

"There are numerous installer files. Which one, specifically, are you referring to?"  This is a Flash forum site, isn't it?

There are 3 different plugins:  ActiveX for IE, NPAPI plugin for Firefox/Safari, and PPAPI for Chromium-based browsers.   For these 3 there are various installer types: online/shim installer, EXE, MSI.  Which one are you referring to?  Providing the downloaded file name is the best way to identify the exact file you are referring to.

I cannot attempt to move the installer file without it executing.  It never moves to the subfolder where I want it

How are you trying to move it?  Drag & drop?  Right-click Cut & Paste?  Both of these work for me.  For example, I've used both methods to move the installer file from the downloads directory to the desktop.  Providing detailed information when asking for assistance helps tremendously in getting the information someone is requesting.  The best way to provide this information is in step-by-step detail.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I did not know I had to spell things out in such detail.  By my description I referred to the "drag and drop" method although I do not see why I have to create an unwanted copy of the same program.  Also, I tagged the thread with the letters "ie."  That should have eliminated much questioning.  Anyway, a few minutes ago I accomplished what I wanted although the effort was not worth it.  Besides, you have ongoing problems regarding Flash, especially with my having to hunt down a testing site for Firefox because you cannot get working animation while testing Flash Player in Firefox.  Don't start referring me to the same sites as before because I seen it all.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Drag & drop works to move the file from one location to another.  There is nothing in the files preventing this action.  If it's not working for you, there's some issue with your system configuration.

IE & Firefox use two different plugins, thus 2 different installer files.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I did not even get to Firefox, as if I cannot anticipate what is going to happen.  The IE update was enough of a waste of time.  Your installers are the only ones who create a problem doing "drag and drop."  I did nothing to my system to cause that, and wouldn't know how.  If you have nothing constructive to contribute, then don't reply.  The installer was enough of a waste of time without needing any human contributions.  Since posting this, I now notice a bigger problem.  Now that I installed this update, many of my pages look like hell!  Icons and images that used to show do longer do.  Once in a while on Search engine sites the first page that should have some hits looks like garbage.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines